Beg/Intermediate Board (Agent Rocker, Proto CT, Attack Banana...) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beg/Intermediate Board (Agent Rocker, Proto CT, Attack Banana...)

I grew up snowboarding as a kid but haven't gone in the past 5 years aside from two day trips. I
5'11 with a size 9.5 foot and 180 pounds. I ride 70% groomers and the rest park, mostly jumps with boxes and some rails. I ride in California so I am not in freezing cold temps and not getting tons of powder at my local mountain. I plan on going fairly regularly so am looking for a board that I can "grow into" as far as abilities go.

Please help me choose from the following or even make suggestions based on my riding preference.

1. 2011 Rome Agent Rocker (on sale)
2. 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
3. Arbor Blacklist
4. Forum Destroyer chillidog
5. Lib tech attack banana
6. GNU riders choice

I want an all mountain board that will perform well in the park and hold a turn.

Thank you in advance
sandaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lib Tech Skate Banana will do you fine, even though they are marketed as park boards, they are great for all mountain. Its definatly cheaper than the attack banana if your concerned about saving a few dollars.
Kwanzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you, I would like to save money where possible but don't want to get a board not as good just to save a few $$$ not saying this is the case...
sandaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Its pretty much the best park board you can buy, its easy to turn, is catch-free and forgiving, floats awesome in powder, and is unreal for jibbing, and has alot of pop. It's also got the magnetraction, so it grips well even on icy days.
Kwanzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the same scenario, similar stats and riding styles. I'm in North Cal. I recently bought the NS Proto 157 after having the same Burton custom since 2002. I've taken the Proto up once and rode it last year on a demo day at sugar bowl. I'm blown away. Rides great on groomers. Warning though, this is the first board I've ever ridden with a rocker. It takes some getting use, I was on it half a day before feeling really comfortable. As far as progression The flex and pop is a nice surprise in the park. I also like that its a true twin because I can progress with butters and switch more. I haven't used it powder, at high speeds or pipe. Its pretty pricey but I justified that with the 3 year warranty, the durability of NS, and the higher ceiling for progression.
Fobland is offline   Reply With Quote