Decisions Decisions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Decisions Decisions...

After doing much research,I'm sure you are all very happy to know I have narrowed my decision down..Kinda..haha.Anyways thanks for the help and perhaps I could get a little more.I have narrowed it down to 3 boards.Im basically looking for a park board that I can bomb steeps with.Im going to put my stats and what I want to do with the board as well as the order of importance these things are to me.Im also debating on a 152 or a 154.If you feel like it let me know your opinion on this topic.. thanks

stats:
5'8
150 lbs
9.5 boot
rode 45x last season
park,hill bomber

1st-being able to bomb hills and feel confident
2nd-jibbing
3rd-jumping
4th-buttering
5th-board weight

options:
2012 Bataleon Evil Twin
2012 Never Summer Evo
2012 Never Summer Proto CT
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
glm

maybe arbor westmark or blacklist? haven't ridden them so i cant say for sure
glm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

my 2011 ET classic bombs hills like a giant POS. i know they have changed the base to sintered and also changed the tbt this year..but is it a different board? i highly doubt the new et is damp, which you need SOME dampness if bombing hills matters.

havent ridden the other 2, the proto is going to handle hill bombing the best, the evo is going to jib the best, the ET may be a fine choice for you. after a few months on my ET i wont be using it for anything other than a rail trash street board and loaner. perhaps some of their other boards would bomb hills, but like i have said before, my ET is slow, then when i do get it going, it sucks ass: bumpy, edge catchy, unstable, chattery. also the classic camber in the ET sucks ass if you ever get in powder. the NS boards will float way better but maybe thats not an issue.

if you want a board that inspires confidence at speed it will have nothing in common with a jib board. something to consider about your number 1 and number 2 criteria. you hear words like "confidence at speed" describing boards like the lib t. rice, ride highlife, NS heritage and NS premier f1, all of which are hill bombing boards, not jib boards, not even twin.

confidence at speed is gained through a stiff, damp board. jibbing is done with a noodle that has bindings. i guess they both have bindings. similarties end there.

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
my 2011 ET classic bombs hills like a giant POS. i know they have changed the base to sintered and also changed the tbt this year..but is it a different board? i highly doubt the new et is damp, which you need SOME dampness if bombing hills matters.

havent ridden the other 2, the proto is going to handle hill bombing the best, the evo is going to jib the best, the ET may be a fine choice for you. after a few months on my ET i wont be using it for anything other than a rail trash street board and loaner. perhaps some of their other boards would bomb hills, but like i have said before, my ET is slow, then when i do get it going, it sucks ass: bumpy, edge catchy, unstable, chattery. also the classic camber in the ET sucks ass if you ever get in powder. the NS boards will float way better but maybe thats not an issue.
Thanks alot for your reply..I have no clue what the differences are between the 2011 and 2012.But I already have a skate banana,And I need something more stable on the icy steeps of the East Coast.As far as powder goes Its only a added bonus..We dont get alot of the pow here.what is your height and weight if you don't mind me asking?Also Im just trying to find the best fit I can,I know that there is no board perfect for both.

Last edited by ll IrOn CiTy ll; 10-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote