Need Help Picking a Capita Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Help Picking a Capita Board

Hey guys, so pretty much I need help finding a board that's kinda geared towards what I'm looking for. I've heard great things about Capita and wanna give them a try.

I've been debating whether or not to go for a traditional camber or flat camber and was wondering if anyone has some insight to that. Pretty much I've narrowed to down to Capita Mid Life and Indoor Survival FK. I'm also having some difficult picking a size as I came from a 159W Skate Banana and really disliked the rocker/the board was incredibly difficult to turn because my stance was so wide. I think it may have been too big for me.

My stats are 6'2 around 200lbs. I wear between a size 11-12 so I'm a bit worried if the Indoor FK can even hold my boots/bindings without overhand. I mostly just ride groomed slopes and am looking for huge pop to get big air off jumps. Something easier to turn/carve with but I wanna keep up with my friends on Double blacks without having to worry about my board going unstable and eating snow.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resident poet

I doubt the banana was too big for you, if u want pop and stability at bombing speed go with a traditional cambered...if that is what you wanted with the banana, it was the wrong board.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, I don't think the size was too big, but I never snowboarded in my life when I bought the Skate Banana 2 seasons ago. The 159W is a VERY heavy board, and the stance required to have the nose and tail relatively proportional was way too wide. It just lead to overall difficulty in doing clean carves and quick maneuvers.

Do you think the flat cambered Capita Mid-Life would suffice? I'm a little worried that the Indoor FK may be too small for my size 11.5 boots and the Mid-Life is known for it's mid-wide board and supposedly the deep cuts in the side provide quick turnings, but the pop may be a little downsized.

Any insight? Once again, thanks.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote