NS Proto CT vs T.Rice Pro/ HP (2012) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Proto CT vs T.Rice Pro/ HP (2012)

I dont really know much about the T.Rice boards other than people say there awesome but what's the difference between the normal pro and the hp and then compairing them to lets say a Never summer proto ct

I "think" I want a Proto CT but if the Trs are just as good or better there WAY WAY WAY more accessible.

Im having a hell of a hard time finding never summer boards in Alberta... Honestly ANYWHERE IN ALBERTA

and for some reason canadian online retailer web sites are ALL BUGED and I cant purchase anything lol
and that hosports Dont reply to emails so...

LOL Canada really sucks( not really )

So thinking about these board to find an awesome jump board that is usable on jibs , is really fast, Can take it to the mountains 10 times a season for some pow, and performs excellent on groomers and works on the days when the grooms turn to ice

Im not super interested in other options because I know what there is and Iv made multiple "Which board" threads which have led me to this decision. Just want to know If these boards fit the criteria and if youve ridden them ,were they amazing or not. again I want a board which will allow me the ability for complete slope style dominance so I dont have to worry if my board is going to spontaneously combust while charging kickers and doing what all snowboarders who go big or go home might encounter. Yet playfull enough to show off in lift lines with butters ( meaning its not like riding a piece of granite down the mountain) You know what I mean oh and 130lbs size 9/.5 5'8"

I just want to have fun lean some awesome tricks race friends and have very memorable days in the pow( Though thats not very hard riding pow isnt all that tough with anyboard it just takes more or less effort )

Thanks in advance and I promise ill pay this forum back for all the help it has given me
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Im 10 lbs heaveier..butlooking for the same thing..I will be watching this thread closely..
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think for what you are wanting. I would take the t.rice out the picture.

I would look at either the Proto,Sl,TRS,or Banana Magic. The T. Rice is stiffer than all of those and it seems like you are not going to want a board that stiff for what you are planning on doing. Out of those choices and since you are not able to find much never summer in your area I would take a hard look at the TRS, or if you have the budget take a step up to the banana magic.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Okay so now looking at the Total Ripper Series whats the difference between the regular and the slim? Because the slim looks like a chick board "but" if it will make me preform better why not get it? I know its about board width but I have size 9 or 9 and a half boots is the regular really a wide the the slim a regular?

and can you compare it to the Proto in ways of flex. and snap

Last edited by dkzach; 10-06-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzach View Post
Okay so now looking at the Total Ripper Series whats the difference between the regular and the slim? Because the slim looks like a chick board "but" if it will make me preform better why not get it? I know its about board width but I have size 9 or 9 and a half boots is the regular really a wide the the slim a regular?

and can you compare it to the Proto in ways of flex. and snap
I think it's just the width. When I checked, I think the 151 narrow/slim isn't that narrow
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

So whats the flex on that board? med soft or med stiff? and I heard its heavy that true?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think its a very light board but its also not heavy. Its normal weight. Its a mid stiff board, with your stats I think the 151 is a good size but not sure a size 9 boot will fit on it. It should, but I am not positive. If you can find one in a store I would check how much overhang you would have with your boots.

Also, how old are you? If you are planning to grow a few inches and gain 5-10lbs within a year or two, you might just want to go ahead and get the 154.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Im 15 so I was thinking of getting the 154 but to me it depends on the boards stiffness when I check it out in store. Though, I think I found an online retailer for canadian never summer turns out my computer just really sucks at buying thing lol. So ITS A DUEL lol

Any binding you would recommend?
you think the targas would work well in the park going off kickers? and the odd rail?