'12 Forum Destroyer for rider new to freestyle - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default '12 Forum Destroyer for rider new to freestyle

Hi everyone!!
I'm a bit lost as to whether the 2012 Forum Destroyer would be any good for me! I REALLY REALLY like the look and sound of this snowboard! The grahpics are the best I've seen this season and the mixture of reverse and regular camber sounds ideal for me! Plus it's got a middle of the road flex rating which I was hoping would mean I could give it some speed but also press and butter it if I like.

I'm just a bit concered that it's a snowboard which will be too advanced for my ability! I've been riding almost every weekend this year in my local indoor snowdome! And probably get 2-3 weeks piste time a year. So it's most park style stuff I'll be using it for!
I can ride most pistes fairly comfortably and I've just started getting into freestyle and have got my 180 flatlands nailed, and can butter and press a board now for quite a while! I've done 2 boxes but would like to get into them a lot more! And Like to jump off small mounds whenever possible. So it's sort of all round freestyle with the odd speedy run thrown in when I can!

Everyone says the Forum Destoryer is more for big jumps etc though and I'm worried that it will be too advanced for my riding and won't be as good for everything mentioned above?
I thought with it being half flexible though I may get away with it and being in the top half of the weight range for the 152cm model I may find it easier to press etc?

My issue is that I CAN'T demo it before I buy it!!
So I need as much feedback as possible please, would this be a poor choice of board for me?

P.S: I've been trying to find snowboards which are similar in profile to the Destroyer which I will be able to demo. So far I've found the Ride DH2, and the Burton Custom Flying V or Process Flying V. Would any of these give me a good impression of what the Destroyer would be like?

Sorry about the essay! Thanks for taking the time to help me out though everyone!! Look forward to hearing your feedback!
bobsy852 is offline   Reply With Quote