Roxy Ollie Pop sizing question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Roxy Ollie Pop sizing question

My lady is 5'1", 105-108, size 6 boots. Ideally I'd want her in a 141 Ollie pop. However, I can find the 2011 ollie in a 145 for a really good deal. She's right in the middle range of the size chart Evo.com puts out for the 141. For the 145 she's slighly below the middle, but not on the bottom.

Is this too much board for her? No park. Mild rider, no fast speeds. But I want to give her something more comfortable. She's on a 138 Cambered roxy right now, ancient as heck I have no idea what model. The ollie is a bit more soft I take it? Mostly cruising the groomers but I dont' want her to fight the board to turn (shoe size is a concern too).
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There is a pretty big difference between a 138 and a 145, but could probably ride the board okay. I weigh close to what she weighs and 145 is pretty much my top limit. The boot size complicates the matter, as does the fact that she's pretty timid. If you're going to spend the money, make sure to get it right.

If you're open to suggestions for other boards, I recommend the Never Summer Pandora for smaller ladies looking for a stable, but easy-to-turn all-mountain deck. It'll be a bit softer and much damper than the Ollie Pop.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
There is a pretty big difference between a 138 and a 145, but could probably ride the board okay. I weigh close to what she weighs and 145 is pretty much my top limit. The boot size complicates the matter, as does the fact that she's pretty timid. If you're going to spend the money, make sure to get it right.

If you're open to suggestions for other boards, I recommend the Never Summer Pandora for smaller ladies looking for a stable, but easy-to-turn all-mountain deck. It'll be a bit softer and much damper than the Ollie Pop.
I have my eye on that as well. Unfortunatley, my GF reaaaallly cares about looks. And the 2011 looks good, 2012 not so much. It's got some 1980's Peggy Bundy zebra stuff going on lol. Looks don't matter to me unless it's ugly, then I care. If I could get the 2011 pandora in her size I'm there. Never summer dampness is good though. I've had the SL and now Evo.

Are any of the arbor boards for ladies any good?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
My lady is 5'1", 105-108, size 6 boots. Ideally I'd want her in a 141 Ollie pop. However, I can find the 2011 ollie in a 145 for a really good deal. She's right in the middle range of the size chart Evo.com puts out for the 141. For the 145 she's slighly below the middle, but not on the bottom.

Is this too much board for her? No park. Mild rider, no fast speeds. But I want to give her something more comfortable. She's on a 138 Cambered roxy right now, ancient as heck I have no idea what model. The ollie is a bit more soft I take it? Mostly cruising the groomers but I dont' want her to fight the board to turn (shoe size is a concern too).
Hi Jdang,

She doesn't want the Ollie. That is an amazing board as you know, but it is a preformance model with tech that is, well, as Mervin guys say, "a park rider's dream". Your GF will be much happier on the Silhouette.

It is an amzingly user friendly model which will add confidence to her riding. For sizing, it is crazy important that you do not get her too large a board (145 is too large in either of these models). Riders with very small feet an light weights have even more crucial and specific sizing requirements that bigger riders and you can bust their experience by going to large. The Silhouette 141 would be perfection.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The BTX without magne won't be sketchy at all? I Don't want to give her a squirrelly ride.

How would you compare the ally? The weird thing about her confidence isn't progressing or anything. She's actually a very experienced rider. College in Davis,CA so she snowboarded for years in Tahoe, going down Tahoe blacks at speeds. But as she got older she slowed down a little, and of course watching her coworker rip his hip up (he's a skier, of course) has basically brought her fast riding days to a halt. So I wanted to get her something really easy and fun to ride. But if it instills in her more confidence and allows her to go faster good for me. I don't have to wait for her but I still do.

Last edited by jdang307; 10-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
The BTX without magne won't be sketchy at all? I Don't want to give her a squirrelly ride
No, it is very low rocker underfoot. You can get a pretty good idea of that in this video.

This is the board to advance her from a cautious beginner/early intermediate to the confident intermediate level. When she is ready to tear into the advanced level, then Magne-traction, C2, etc will help her a lot, but that is a ways away from your initial description.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
No, it is very low rocker underfoot. You can get a pretty good idea of that in this video.

This is the board to advance her from a cautious beginner/early intermediate to the confident intermediate level. When she is ready to tear into the advanced level, then Magne-traction, C2, etc will help her a lot, but that is a ways away from your initial description.

Thanks!
Got it. Thanks. Looks pretty flat there on that video. Don't think she will ever get to advanced. She's happy right where she is right now I just want to give her a bit more confidence after she lost it. She's happy with cruising, she's happy with cruising.

Thanks Wiredsport.