ricers choice pickle or trs - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default ricers choice pickle or trs

cant decide between the riders choice pickle or trs in a 154. I mostly free ride, the trs is supposed to be stiffer but the specs on the 154s make it seem like the riders choice is more stiff.

Anyone ridden both and have any opinions?
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
cant decide between the riders choice pickle or trs in a 154. I mostly free ride, the trs is supposed to be stiffer but the specs on the 154s make it seem like the riders choice is more stiff.

Anyone ridden both and have any opinions?
Hi DJ,

That is a nice choice to get to make

Both boards are incredible and are more similar than different. Mid Flex, all mountain freestyle boards, C2, Magne-traction, whishlist construction. I have ridden the 2012 RC 154.5 Pickle and last years TRS. The most noticable difference is Pickle asymetry. I love the heelside immediacy of Pickle tech (but I am also very biased). Have you ridden a Pickle deck yet. Also, if you could post up your weight and foot size that would be great.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am close to 170lbs, but I just wanted to try a smaller board this time around because I tend to have a narrow stance.

I mostly free ride don't go into the park that much, but don't want a very aggressive board just something I can have fun with and don't have to be really paying attention at all times.

That is why I am deciding between these two boards, it just seems like once you get into the 154 size with these boards they might get too soft. I had a 157 trs btx before c2 and loved it, but with the flex going down a notch on the 154 I am a little worried.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am close to 170lbs, but I just wanted to try a smaller board this time around because I tend to have a narrow stance.

I mostly free ride don't go into the park that much, but don't want a very aggressive board just something I can have fun with and don't have to be really paying attention at all times.

That is why I am deciding between these two boards, it just seems like once you get into the 154 size with these boards they might get too soft. I had a 157 trs btx before c2 and loved it, but with the flex going down a notch on the 154 I am a little worried.
I am 185 lbs and the 154.5 is still crazy responsive. Flex is only one element of ride and it is impossible to summarize flex in a single number. I would put very little emphasis on any flex rating. Both of the boards you are looking at can be / are ridden very hard by pro level riders. They are user friendly for sure for advanced riders, but they both are performance models.

It would still be best if you could post up your foot size for sizing confirmation.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am looking for new boots right now, they are either going to be 10's or 10.5. Either ones should fit.

The thing that it intrigues me about the riders choice is first the sinistered base, but also the pickle asymmetry. I have found a million and one great reviews on the trs but not much about the riders choice. I know I will like the trs that is why I am leaning towards it but just wanted to hear what people have to say about the riders choice.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am looking for new boots right now, they are either going to be 10's or 10.5. Either ones should fit.

The thing that it intrigues me about the riders choice is first the sinistered base, but also the pickle asymmetry. I have found a million and one great reviews on the trs but not much about the riders choice. I know I will like the trs that is why I am leaning towards it but just wanted to hear what people have to say about the riders choice.
RC has been a Good Wood winner since 2008/9 with the Pickle version again for 2012:

Good Wood 2012: Gnu Rider’s Choice Pickle | TransWorld Snowboarding

Foot size rather than boot size will be most helpful.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it seems to be right at 25.5 or 26. Do you think I will have waist width issues?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
it seems to be right at 25.5 or 26. Do you think I will have waist width issues?
no way jose. i have 11 boots and ride a board with 25.1 waist width no problem. the boards you're looking at are even wider than that so you'll be fine.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
no way jose. i have 11 boots and ride a board with 25.1 waist width no problem. the boards you're looking at are even wider than that so you'll be fine.
The riders choice is actually a 24.8
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
The riders choice is actually a 24.8
my fault i misread the size you were going to get. the waist width of a board isnt exactly what matters when deciding whether a board is too narrow or now. what's important is how wide your stance is and how much angle you set your bindings up at, and what the width of the board is where the insert packs are. anyways, 24.8 is just fine if you have 10.5 boots. my friend rides the same board as i do with a 25.1 waist and he has size 12 boots.