Capita Indoor Survival FK tech - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita Indoor Survival FK tech

Hi guys,
Hoping to get some opinions on the indoor survival. I am a little unsure of the FK tech, in particular the fact that you are only putting downward pressure on the flat sectiion of the board the majority of the time so i'm just interested as to how the board rides/feels. Also, how buttery is it and how's the pop?

Cheers
Tim
boarder boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder boy View Post
Hi guys,
Hoping to get some opinions on the indoor survival. I am a little unsure of the FK tech, in particular the fact that you are only putting downward pressure on the flat sectiion of the board the majority of the time so i'm just interested as to how the board rides/feels. Also, how buttery is it and how's the pop?

Cheers
Tim
the board rides alright.

It has a bit of a washing propensity for me, but thats compensated for by decent technique as i found at the end of last season. It'll still feel squirly in chop but instead of trying to blast it youll eventually just bounce around on it.

Which i guess brings me to pop. It has pop. But its not snappy if that makes sense. it feels like it wants to bounce off everything and has a decent sweetspot for the occasional kick, but against my quiver killer it feels pretty lifeless in terms of pop. With the qk you hit that sweet spot and boom! orbit! With the indoor you hit it and boing, youre bouncing around and grinning your face off. Hard to explicate an unquantifiable feeling, but thats how i feel on the pair of them.

As for buttering, it butters. I didnt use mine at all this year until my last day out. For the whole season id been on the airobic, quiver killer (main) and the charlie slasher. I was honestly taken aback at how soft and easy to throw about it was. I had a genuinely fun time just cruising and bopping off stuff. It was just fun to just spin about and bounce around on the walls.

Which i guess summarizes how i feel about it.

The boards great for cruising and mucking about, but for me its a little dull. I dont mean dull as in boring, but dull as in unlively. When i got back on my quiver killer (in that same afternoon), suddenly everything felt way zippier, i had killer pop again, perfect edge hold, and really fast sharp nippy turns.

The point is, I loved both rides in truth, but obviously for completely different reasons. And riding them back to back brought those reasons right to the fore. The indoor presses like crazy, you wont have any problems buttering and just doinking off bobbles and chop. Its a great hangover ride; really mellow, easy going, playful, loose, and all that fun stuff. The quiver killer on the other hand (now the NAS) just blasts everything it sees.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply mate very comprehensive! Helps a lot with my thought process but not convinced to buy it. Cheers
boarder boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippy View Post
the board rides alright.

It has a bit of a washing propensity for me, but thats compensated for by decent technique as i found at the end of last season. It'll still feel squirly in chop but instead of trying to blast it youll eventually just bounce around on it.

Which i guess brings me to pop. It has pop. But its not snappy if that makes sense. it feels like it wants to bounce off everything and has a decent sweetspot for the occasional kick, but against my quiver killer it feels pretty lifeless in terms of pop. With the qk you hit that sweet spot and boom! orbit! With the indoor you hit it and boing, youre bouncing around and grinning your face off. Hard to explicate an unquantifiable feeling, but thats how i feel on the pair of them.

As for buttering, it butters. I didnt use mine at all this year until my last day out. For the whole season id been on the airobic, quiver killer (main) and the charlie slasher. I was honestly taken aback at how soft and easy to throw about it was. I had a genuinely fun time just cruising and bopping off stuff. It was just fun to just spin about and bounce around on the walls.

Which i guess summarizes how i feel about it.

The boards great for cruising and mucking about, but for me its a little dull. I dont mean dull as in boring, but dull as in unlively. When i got back on my quiver killer (in that same afternoon), suddenly everything felt way zippier, i had killer pop again, perfect edge hold, and really fast sharp nippy turns.

The point is, I loved both rides in truth, but obviously for completely different reasons. And riding them back to back brought those reasons right to the fore. The indoor presses like crazy, you wont have any problems buttering and just doinking off bobbles and chop. Its a great hangover ride; really mellow, easy going, playful, loose, and all that fun stuff. The quiver killer on the other hand (now the NAS) just blasts everything it sees.

I have actually been looking into getting this board. I tend to ride all types of terrain so I kind of want one board that can handle it all. Would you say that this board can do just that?
frankthetank727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank727 View Post
I have actually been looking into getting this board. I tend to ride all types of terrain so I kind of want one board that can handle it all. Would you say that this board can do just that?
the indoor?
Honestly my opinion (and it is just one opinion, remember that), is no. But then again i should also add it was a 156 and im 73kilos (about 160lbs). Possibly if i wanted it to lean a bit more towards the do it all, id size it up a few cms in the hope that might add a bit more stability. I should also add i do like a good charge. Im not really a park kid and i kinda prefer being on a camber deck. FK to me, feels really fun for cruising and mucking about, but i dont really rate it that high regarding stability in more 'complicated' terrain (ie. steep, choppy, bumpy).

Were i picking up another capita deck, my first choice would be the bsod just because ive heard a LOT of good things about it (and not heard anything negative - well aside that some people dont like pink on a Black snowboard of death). The quote thrown about a lot is "the indoor on roids" which pretty much sells it to me (since thats what i really want). Then obviously the NAS (since the quiver killer is the BOMB!). Then, id probably pick up the midlife because i really want a zero camber deck Finally, id pick up the outdoor living over the indoor. So that should tell you the inherent biases i personally hold and why my opinion might not entirely match what you want to do.

The indoor is a stack of fun, but its very much my cruising board. I'll only be pulling it out when i just want a day of buttering and mucking about with mates. For all other days ill be on my riot and my charlie slasher.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Rode 2011 Indoor FK 152 @ 145#. I found it to be average on grip and pop. Maybe above average on pop. The four carbon stringers help here. It had decent damping but it's a bit lively. It does best on groomers and park terrain. It's FK so it does well buttering and pressing.

Overall, I wasn't super impressed, it was right about average on the money for a $400 price point. There are better for less money and much better for more money. However, there wasn't anything bad about it either. Sidecut is nice and mellow with a pretty good balance to it so you can put it on edge and it wouldn't just fold like a jib deck and turn initation was simple and hassle free. The large flat section gives you plenty to stomp down on and a really good positive engagement on 50-50's.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
Its a solid mid flex do it all board. A snowboard like the indoor fk isn't the limiting factor, the person riding it is.

Last edited by idshred; 10-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote