Is this a good deal? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a good deal?

I've been using my brother's 157cm Forum F10 snowboard for the past year and it isn't working out. It feels way too big for me soooo i'm looking for a different one. So far i've found a Rome Blue 151cm or a 150cm Burton LTR. I've ridden my friend's 150cm Burton LTR before and I liked it but since it's a men's board (at least I think it is) and it's a beginner board, I'm wondering if in the long run I would do better with the Rome? I've never ridden the Rome Blue and I can't try it out either...
I don't a lot about snowboards, I just want one I can improve on and that will last me a couple of years(i'm 17 and a girl).
Any help would be great! Thanks!

Last edited by shreddinitup; 11-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.
shreddinitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Will be hard to know what size to recommend without your boot size, weight and possibly height. You don't have to tell us, but you should check the normal charts out there for weight/board size.

For women, the width of the board matters a lot as well, as mens boards seem to be wider.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry, forgot about that. I'm 5ft 9, 135lbs, and wear size 9 boots.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

That'll help, especially if you want to progress freestyle. You might be able to even go down to 148/147 range, though you'll be giving up a lot of the versatility a 150 would give you. A good rule of thumb is if the board feels too big and unwieldy, it probably is. That's why preference, style and weight are the most important factors to detertmine size.

As for those two specific boards, I've never ridden them and have no experience with them but I would venture a guess and say you're going to like either much more than a Forum F10 157 for progressing your riding just based on size.

Some boards, both men's and womens you could look at for all around freestyle would be:

Forum Destroyer/Destroyer DoubleDog
Arbor Westmark/Cadence(w)
NeverSummer Pandora(w), Evo, Proto-CT
Bataleon Whatever, FunKink, Evil Twin

A size 9 womens is about a size 8 mens so you shouldn't have too many problems rocking a mid width men's board.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Resident poet

Go with the rome blue or some intermediate/advance board, the ltr boards are shit, 150ish should be good all mtn length for your size and learning. Later after you develope some skills you could make anything work...my daughter rides a 144 for park, 149 for bombing groomers and 155 for pow...she's 5'3" and 135# but been riding for 10 years. Men's boards will be ok with size 9's width wise but maybe a bit sluggish edge to edge and feel abit stiff because you will be in the lower weight range...but don't go mid wide or wide on a men's board.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply! I'm also considering a 2008 151 Burton Troop.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would stay away from anything Burton, I've seen them literally fall apart. But do what feels right to you. I have a Rome and can't find anything wrong with it, and I just ordered another one.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've been looking up reviews of the Burton Troop and the Rome Blue (i've ruled out the Burton LTR) and in many of the reviews the Rome Blue seems to be for more advanced riders? I'd day I'm an advanced beginner but I really want to improve.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Will buying a board made for more advanced riders help me? Or will it affect my riding? I don't want the Burton LTR because I'd like to stay away from a board strictly for beginners as I want it to last me for a couple of years. The cost of the board is also a factor. I found the Rome Blue and Burton Troop (both with bindings)for under $130 CAD.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Isn't the burton LTR the board you get when you rent equipment at resorts? I'd say just about anything is better than that board...
jyuen is offline   Reply With Quote