Stomp Pad Question for those who know - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
noxx540

Default Stomp Pad Question for those who know

I have been looking for a decent stomp pad for a new board. I tryed 2 stomp pads from Stomp Designs. Both have fallen off, so I really don't want to go with their products. I'm still a beginner/intermediate, so I need a stomp pad.

Anyone know of a good specific stomp pad?? Or a good brand that I could look into??

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

I would never even think of trying something other than dakine...
Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Stomp pads or studs must definitely make life easier...that being said, I am still looking to find something I like - I love my board's top sheet design so am a little hesitant to add anything to it...maybe more vain than Snowolf

I am a beginner - just started riding this season - and have found that if I wipe the snow off my board before getting on the lift it is not so slippy at the top...I have had little trouble after the first few attempts

Will still add a pad or studs when I see ones I like, but am not really in a major rush...
dmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just use foam tape, it doesn't last all that long but it's cheap and you can make your own designs.
Jeffksf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

i just got a new board and i didnt opt to put a stomp pad on it. i used it for the first time last night and i thought i was gonna slip off the board everytime i got off the lift
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF View Post
i just got a new board and i didnt opt to put a stomp pad on it. i used it for the first time last night and i thought i was gonna slip off the board everytime i got off the lift
If you are going to roll without a pad, make sure you wipe the snow off the board right before getting on the lift. I tend to clear it off again a few poles before the off-ramp. This will keep the topsheet from being to slippery. Then you can just push your boot up against the inside of the back binding and ride away smoothly.

Again, the stomp pad will make life easier, but with a dry topsheet you should be able to get by ok...
dmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
dbonds

How timely... I went out yesterday with my new board (with new stomp pad) and mid way through the day my stomp pad fell off as I was clearing snow off it on the lift. I managed to retrieve the stomp pad on that run and was wondering if anyone could recommend any adhesive for re-applying it without damaging the top sheet?

FWIW, it's a clear Burton stomp pad with little metal pegs and a scraper. I like the pad itself but apparently their adhesive sucks. I also noticed a huge difference without it. I was able to get by, but I'd prefer to get something back on there. I'd just rather re-apply what I have than go out and buy something new.

Any thoughts?

Daniel
Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post
I would never even think of trying something other than dakine...

yep.

I use the skull and x-bones with the studs under it.Makes for a big stomp that looks sweeeet!

I don't know what the other guys use,but dakine uses the m3 adhesive.It works great.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
BuckeyeBoarder

I know it might sound a little elementry, but before you applied the stomp pad did you use alcohol to clean the area. That could be a possible reason if this wasn't done. Aside from that, I have a combination of burton and dakine stomp on my board. I have the Dakine studs with the burton 3-D metal logo (I ride a burton) I like the way it looks and if you lay things like that out well you still have control over the look of your board.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
powershiftz02gt

yeah i never acually used a stomp pad or anything. I never liked how they covered the graphics and such. So i found out about the metal Studs that i am going to pick up probably next season since this one is pretty much over. Michigan sucks ass this year.