Banana Profile's "3cm Shorter" Concept - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 47
Default Banana Profile's "3cm Shorter" Concept

Hey guys,
I'm getting a new board this year and was looking at the 2010/2011 Gnu RC C2 BTX (major discount!). They say you should get it 3cm shorter than the typical board you ride since its banana design allows the board to float much better at a smaller length in powder. I normally ride a 155cm.

What are your guys opinions on listening to their advice and getting the 151.5 instead of the 154.5?
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 400
Default

Just get your normal size. The sizing down thing is if you usually size up for pow on a regular cambered board. The logic behind it is, with a banana you can size down but still get the same float as a longer camber board.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbilly View Post
Hey guys,
I'm getting a new board this year and was looking at the 2010/2011 Gnu RC C2 BTX (major discount!). They say you should get it 3cm shorter than the typical board you ride since its banana design allows the board to float much better at a smaller length in powder. I normally ride a 155cm.

What are your guys opinions on listening to their advice and getting the 151.5 instead of the 154.5?
C2 is Camber Rocker Camber. When evenly weighted, the contact lengtth is fully wide point to wide point. That will be among the longer weighted contact lengths you would be comparing to in a similar style board. It definately will depend on what you are comparing to, but if it is a classic rocker board, then the difference could be even greater than 3 cm.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
C2 is Camber Rocker Camber. When evenly weighted, the contact lengtth is fully wide point to wide point. That will be among the longer weighted contact lengths you would be comparing to in a similar style board. It definately will depend on what you are comparing to, but if it is a classic rocker board, then the difference could be even greater than 3 cm.
well i rode a 150cm regular camber board but was dissatisfied with its efficiency in deep powder and instability in groomed trails (i'm 5' 9" @ 140lbs) and was going to get a 156 this year so when i do my trips out west I would have no problem with the powder. I ended up grabbing the 154.5 and can't imagine that i'll regret it.
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbilly View Post
well i rode a 150cm regular camber board but was dissatisfied with its efficiency in deep powder and instability in groomed trails (i'm 5' 9" @ 140lbs) and was going to get a 156 this year so when i do my trips out west I would have no problem with the powder. I ended up grabbing the 154.5 and can't imagine that i'll regret it.
You are within the designed weight range of both models but are better centered in 151. What is your foot size?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
You are within the designed weight range of both models but are better centered in 151. What is your foot size?
9.

I mounted the bindings to the board yesterday. There's no going back now!
Willbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbilly View Post
9.

I mounted the bindings to the board yesterday. There's no going back now!
At that point there is only one thing to say...Perfect choice!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums