How about this...? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How about this...?

I am basically sold on getting a 2012 GNU Carbon Credit BTX board with 2011 flow 5 bindings. still need some boots and am on a budget for the boots. under $175 would be ideal.

what do you think of this set-up so far and whos got boot ideas for the bindings of choice? size 9-10 boot
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Every single person on here is going to tell you to go to your local shop, try on EVERY pair of boots that are in your price range and decide which ones fit the best and meet your needs
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd go try out the boots first, buy the ones that fit and feel the best and THEN see how much was left for the board/bindings. Buy a 2011 carbon credit and you'll have another 80 bucks for the boots right there

edit: when I started boarding not long ago, I bought everything based on how much it cost.. With emphasis on the board. Well, after much pain and suffering with my boots, I decided to do the right thing and go buy some good fitting boots. The difference it made with my riding, both in ability, comfort and how long I was able to ride for in a day, was incredible. I have trouble believing that any board would make up for shitty boots!

edit2: You know what.. I don't even know what boots I ride! I know they're DC boots, with the Boa thingy, and they're white. But I have no idea what the model is, they're just the ones that fit me!

Last edited by unxetas; 10-12-2011 at 07:04 PM.
unxetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notter123 View Post
Every single person on here is going to tell you to go to your local shop, try on EVERY pair of boots that are in your price range and decide which ones fit the best and meet your needs
QFT You're not gonna find a whole lot of direction here unfortunately.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you are going to buy anything in person it should be the boots. Every single person I have talked to has told me this. I went in the other day to try on boots and find out my boot size. It was the best thing I could have done. Being able to feel all the boots and see them in person is 100 times better than buying boots online.
ace9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy Har View Post
I am basically sold on getting a 2012 GNU Carbon Credit BTX board with 2011 flow 5 bindings. still need some boots and am on a budget for the boots. under $175 would be ideal.

what do you think of this set-up so far and whos got boot ideas for the bindings of choice? size 9-10 boot

Heads up...
K5 up in Encinitas has a few boots from last season 9-10 for a good deal.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

You shoudlve bought boots first. Budget boots will suck and you will replace em soon enough. I wasted my money on 2 pairs of boots that doesn't fit me well.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
You shoudlve bought boots first. Budget boots will suck and you will replace em soon enough. I wasted my money on 2 pairs of boots that doesn't fit me well.
i havent bought anything yet. i am sold on the board and the flow nxt-at bindings. i am just now going to try them out at sports chalet and see how the bindings feel with whatever boots i try on.