banana magic 2012 specs - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default banana magic 2012 specs

Instead of showing a number for the side cut radius on the 2011 banana magic specs it just says "enhanced" and in 2011 they show it as a btx board.

In 2012 they are showing 7 as the side cut radius and c2 as the the board profile. But most people last season said it already had c2 they just didn't advertise it.

I am trying to figure out if the board has changed at all or if this year they are actually showing the real specs instead of being mysterious about it.
ylnad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nothing has changed between the two boards. I don't remember if they ever hid their sidecut numbers. I do know that they call the BTX "enhanced". Curious that they listed it as C2 this time around. It's not really C2 and it's not really banana. This is why they call it enhanced.

The camber underfoot is very subtle.

If you find the 2011 model, just get that one.

1) It's cheaper

2) It looks better in my opinion. While the art on the 2012 is badass, the color is boring. The green on the 2011 is sick in person.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

What makes the banana magic an advanced-export board? The specs seem similar to the TRS or T-Rice but those are usually listed as intermediate boards.

Was thinking about getting the magic but I don't really want a board that I am really going to have to be concentrated on the whole time, would like to relax and take some easy runs down the mountain every now and then.

Leo - even in your review I see you say only advanced riders should get this board.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The board is aggressive, sidecut and all. It's really fast and edge to edge response is quick. By saying advanced riders only, I'm assuming that a less experienced rider might very easily over-control this board.

In all honesty, I would recommend the T.Rice for advanced riders as well. By the way, advanced includes advanced-intermediate which is my skill level.

This is just a recommendation based on my own opinion though. It's really just meant to give you an idea of the board's characteristics. Meaning, expect this board to handle much more aggressively than say a Burton Clash.

I've seen beginners with the Magic. It's certainly doable. I'd rather learn on a less aggressive board though.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

It's going to be a tough choice, first I can't decide between a trs or magic, and second I can't decide between a 154 or 157.

I guess I probably can't go wrong either way.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
It's going to be a tough choice, first I can't decide between a trs or magic, and second I can't decide between a 154 or 157.

I have a magic. It is an incredible board - you won't be disappointed.

I have the '10 version in 157 (they didn't make 154 that year).

Buy the 154 and if its too small, I'll trade you my 157.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One the banana magic page on the lib tech site it says it won a 2012 best of test award. Went over to snowboardmag just to see what they said about it, but I can't find anything on the site stating that the magic won a best of test award.

Did lib tech mess up and they really didn't win an award with the magic? Or am I just missing something?
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post

i just purchased the '12 Banana Magic....I was contemplating between the 157 and the 161...i have various boards depending on conditions and the type of riding i will be doing that day (freestylin, bombing, glades, powder) im hoping that this board will be my quiver killer.

I chose the 161 since:

1- it will aid me even more in the pow (even though its already a reverse camber board)

2- its a twin....i loveeeee twins

3- the really deep sidecut will really help out in tighter situations like in the trees...since the radius is so tight, i can afford to get a longer board and still be able to whip it around as if it were lets say a 157 with a more mellow sidecut. A narrow waist like that mixed with RC, really aids in super quick transitioning.

4- there was no dif in sidecut dimensions between the 157 and 161.

hope this helps with your dilemna