Newbie Progressing quickly...need a board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Newbie Progressing quickly...need a board!

Hey im looking at buying a setup. Im quite new to the sport but have skated for 10 years so im picking it up quick! Ive had one snowboard holiday and a couple of trips to a snowdome, im hitting bs boardslides, 50/50s and grabs already and cant wait to learn more! Im looking for a board that is quite all round, i will be riding rails and kickers when in the UK snowdomes but groomers and pow when abroad! Ive been looking at the skate banana as there is alot of hype about this board, just wondered if there where any drawbacks? Im also looking at Rome boards...

although i am a beginner in some ways, i am not it others. I want to buy a board that will help me progress, i'm thinking a 'beginner' board might be too restrictive and i will end up buying another soon after... im happy to spend about 300 on the board ( have found a banana at this price) im about 5"5" 150lbs. Ive been riding 151 and a 152 as rentals.

Any help on bindings would be awesome too. I'm looking at getting Nike zoom force1 boots... Thanks for any replies/ help.
Baked_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Nike boots are EXTREMELY comfortable after you wear them for a few hours. I know there is a lot of Burton haters on here, but my board for this year is a 2012 Hero. I ride 70% park 30% groomers and it seemed to be the perfect fit for me. Since it is a channel board I grabbed a pair of Cartel EST's.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd def recommend looking at something that has camber/rocker combo. All mountain ride-able, floats in pow and does the park thing as well.

I'm sure others will chime in on brands and whatever else
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
I'd def recommend looking at something that has camber/rocker combo. All mountain ride-able, floats in pow and does the park thing as well.

I'm sure others will chime in on brands and whatever else
You're talking about the Rome Agent Rocker or Neversummer Proto (; yeah if you plan on both park and all mountain i'd recommend that.. but if you're doing like all park(jibs) i'd go with either the skate banana, the rome artifact rocker, the signal park rocker light, or the capita horrorscope fk << all those are more jib boards so if you do a lot of kickers I would go with the proto or agent rocker
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote