Should I get a new board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should I get a new board?

I have had my board for 2 years now, but I am still growing. It is a 151, while I am 6", 160 lb, and wear size 10 boots. I don't want to be riding on a small board, if I know I will be much better off with one that is my size. If I DO go about getting a new one, any boards you would recommend? I very rarely go into the park, but I explore as many things as I can. I ride a park board now, by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like time for an upgrade. Check out a 155 or something along those lines for your weight. If you aren't riding the park much then get the hell off that park board. Pick up one of these 2011 boards on sale, quickly!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredTaos View Post
Sounds like time for an upgrade. Check out a 155 or something along those lines for your weight. If you aren't riding the park much then get the hell off that park board. Pick up one of these 2011 boards on sale, quickly!
Haha, Thank you! It isn't the fact that it's a park board that bothers me, but just the size. I just feel bad only using this big purchase for 2 years. It was a fun two years, but that's it. Should I go about selling it?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I am around your size(about 10 lbs heavier) and ride a 155, but I ride about 70% park. I would recommend going a little larger like a 158 for more all mountain use.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

151 at your weight is too small IMO. As others said 155 or 156 should be sweet for more than just park.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alban View Post
Haha, Thank you! It isn't the fact that it's a park board that bothers me, but just the size. I just feel bad only using this big purchase for 2 years. It was a fun two years, but that's it. Should I go about selling it?
You may be shocked to know that many people buy a new board EVERY season.

The resale market of used snowboards is pretty bad. If you don't already have a rock board, keep the old one and bring it to the mountain opening week so you don't put a giant gash on the bottom of your new purchase. If that isn't a concern for you, put it up on Craigslist for $50 so you can give somebody who doesn't have $300 an opportunity at owning their own gear.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Oh boy. Decisions decisions. I am completely clueless as to which board to look at. I had a Ride, but I see all this hype about Never Summer, that it is getting me thinking. The Proto seems like a board that suits my riding style. Any of you guys tried it out yet? If not, any recommendations? I also plan on getting some 390s. I didn't really like the Contraband's this year.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

depending on the board and condition I would say 50 is too little, at least 100 should be fine. Unless its totally f***ed up or a piece of shit. I believe you said its a ride so should be a decent board. Sell the board with the bindings and it will lessen the load for your new set up.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
depending on the board and condition I would say 50 is too little, at least 100 should be fine. Unless its totally f***ed up or a piece of shit. I believe you said its a ride so should be a decent board. Sell the board with the bindings and it will lessen the load for your new set up.
I'm picking up what you're putting down. It just sucks selling my first 'real' board, which I brought everywhere with me. Has that sentimental value.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

why not if money is no problem keep it. Just saying that if you were to sell it sell it for more than 50.
If you can keep it thats the best, then you have 2 boards to enjoy for different occasions.
I also kept my first board for a while and 2 or 3 buddies learned to ride on it. Then I passed it on to one of them as a gift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode