Rome Agent Rocker vs K2 Fastplant - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Agent Rocker vs K2 Fastplant

Hey everyone! I have a 2009 Burton Custom ICS 158 and i was interested in changing it for a more park oriented board. I am 510 and 180 pounds, with a 9.5 boot size. I ride 50% park (50% jumps, 50% jibbing), 50% all mountain. I was thinking in this 2 boards because they are more oriented for park and easier to press and butter than my burton. Im more inclined for the K2 in size 154, but i dont known if im doing the right choice, i need your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Guilherme
Guilhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You gotta like the organic flex of Bamboo to like the Fastplant, and the trend is non-lighter guys don't like it. You might, but yeah.

I would seriously look at the Arbor Blacklist, Salomon Drift Rocker, Signal Park Flat, or a Flow Verve. Some of my top picks for a do everything park board for 2012.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Nivek!
What i want is a do everything park board like you said, im looking for a park board that you can go outside the park and have a average/good performance. I was looking at the Rome Agent Rocker, Rome Mob Rocker, K2 Fastplant, Gnu Park Pickle, Skate Banana...I will take your suggestions in consideration, specially the Salomon Drift rocker, but im afraid it will be too soft for what i want! I didnt known the bamboo flex would have such a different feel!!! The was im first chooice.. Im gonna have to test it first, but here in Portugal, thats not that easy, thats why im asking for your help.

Cheers
Guilherme
Guilhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I definitely recommend testing the Fastplant. If you end up liking the bamboo feel its a really well done board and one of my favorites.

I tend to steer clear of Mervin for park boards, they're generally overpriced and in my experience underperform compared to decks of similar or even less $$ from other brands.

The Drift is one of the softer recommendations I gave, as is the Signal, but both are very rideable outside the park and I had a blast just cruising the mountain popping around and bonking squirrels and small children on them.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote