Help me choose. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me choose.

I live in Brooklyn NY and ride mostly NJ, PA and upstate NY. The conditions here are man made snow, hard packed and icy. I'm a intermediate rider that likes to have a board to bomb hills and also have fun cruising around. So looking into an all mountain board. The board should be stable at higher speeds and easy riding at slower speeds on groomers. I'm not a park rider so no jibbing or butters but maybe some small jumps I will hit.

The boards that interest me:
Never Summer Heritage
Never Summer SL
LibTech T.Rice Pro
Libtech Attack Banana

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs and wear a boot size 10 so looking into the 55/58 Heritage, 55/58 SL, 57 T.Rice Pro and 56/59 Attack Banana. I was told that due to living on the East Coast that riders usually size down so leaning toward the 55-57 range. I heard I should size down due to the ice. Not sure if that's true.

My first board of choice was to get a Capita Black Snowboard of Death (recommended in a 56) but here on the East Coast I need some extra grip due to the icy conditions. So looking into the magnatraction from Libtech and Vario fron NS/

The boards that I currently have are the 2009 Burton UnInc (the last series) in a 57. The board is great but it has a small sidecut radius (7.54) so turning is super easy but on higher speeds the board wants to turn. There are times were I have to fight with the board to go straight on higher speeds or when legs were getting tired. This made the board less stable and distracts me from paying attention on were I'm going. So looking into something that I can point down the hill and not have to worry about it turning but would like to have some of that ease of turning at lower speeds. The other board I have is a Capita Ultrafear in 53. A park/jib board that sweet but looking into something opposite from it.
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Did you decide on a board yet. I am in brooklyn also and ride the same area's. I am debating on the libtech banana and was wondering if you heard anything good.
islanderjunkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a uninc as well. I never had any issues with it "wanting to turn" lol. Idk not saying its not doing that for you but thats weird. I bomb hills all day and it goes straight as a line. Did you alter the sidewall or something? (if thats possible)
uninc.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I ride mostly on the icy NE too and magnatraction is really nice to have. GNU boards have it too and I've been very happy with my GNU Carbon Credit.

Otherwise I've heard that the NS Vario tech is less grippy and some people prefer that.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you are exactly the same size and type of rider i am, i just picked up the banana magic. honestly there probably isn't much difference between these boards. the t.rice is probably the coolest looking though. definitely 156/7
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote