Do you like Never Summer? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do you like Never Summer?

I think I have decided to get a new board, but I'm clueless as to what may be a good option. I always told myself I will get more into park, but that doesn't seem to be my thing. I explore the whole mountain, and try to have as much fun as I can.

I have been looking at Never Summer boards since they seem to be popular on the forum, so what are your thoughts on that? Specifically, I have been looking at the Proto, SL, Evo, and Revolver.

Also, I may also be upgrading my bindings to 390s.

Thanks!
Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alban View Post
Do you like Never Summer?
no. i hate them. they compel me to spend large amounts of money.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I tried Never Summer last year for the first time. I had heard a lot of good feedback on their quality, mainly from the guys I splitboard with but everyone raved about their solids as well.

Having about 15 years worth of Burton's (with some Lib's and others mixed in) I was immediately impressed with the fit and finish on the Heritage I bought. No blemishes of any kind, and really an immaculate board. It felt tight and solid and despite it's light weight, it just came off as durable.

After riding it for a season, all my initial impressions were justified. I don't purposely go riding rocks or objects that will wreck a board, however I don't go out of my way to avoid them either. So my boards are subject to a little abuse here and there and there were many times when I expected to see a core shot or impacted sidewall after doing something stupid, only to find the barest of surface scratches.

Everyone has a different priority on what a board should provide them, but I can't not continue to buy NS; they build an excellent product that rides fantastic and handles everything. A couple of friends have also switched to NS after seeing mine in action, and trying it out a few times (because the board was so indestructible, I had no issues with lending it out to friends when I wasn't using it so that board got around!).

While I really do feel people should try something before putting down 5 bills, I bought the NS Heritage simply based on reviews from forums such as this, and talking with the guys at NS. So if you can demo them then totally do that, but if not I'd recommend doing some research and sending an email to Never Summer.

Last edited by vrecksler; 10-15-2011 at 06:38 PM.
vrecksler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm in the market for one. Probably legacy - maybe heritage x or premiere f1. i'm coming from a lib tech sb so i'm worried about too much of a jump.

never hear anything bad about never summer though. don't believe you can go wrong
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have a Titan and an Evo. Treat them like shit and they just come back for more. I have only owned a half a dozen boards so I'm no expert but I've found my two to be fantastic.
I have the evo and never go in the park. Very fun board to ride all over the mountain.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Other than a coreshot (which being susceptible to isn't really a "flaw"), my Evo has taken every bit of abuse from riding man made snow needing a wax to banging the edges and base on all manner of objects. Not even close to showing signs of abuse.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I think I have decided to get a new board, but I'm clueless as to what may be a good option. I always told myself I will get more into park, but that doesn't seem to be my thing. I explore the whole mountain, and try to have as much fun as I can.

I have been looking at Never Summer boards since they seem to be popular on the forum, so what are your thoughts on that? Specifically, I have been looking at the Proto, SL, Evo, and Revolver.

Also, I may also be upgrading my bindings to 390s.

Thanks!
im just going to start saying it, Rome 390s blow. get something else. and never summer is a really good board manufacturer but there are other brands. dont let this forum keep you to certain brands.
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSbored View Post
im just going to start saying it, Rome 390s blow. get something else. and never summer is a really good board manufacturer but there are other brands. dont let this forum keep you to certain brands.
They aren't keeping me. They are expanding my horizon. Without this forum, I would have never even considered NS. As for your comment about the 390s. You're probably one of the only people I have heard say they suck. Even people that dislike them have SOMETHING good to say about them.

But thank you for your insight!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
They aren't keeping me. They are expanding my horizon. Without this forum, I would have never even considered NS. As for your comment about the 390s. You're probably one of the only people I have heard say they suck. Even people that dislike them have SOMETHING good to say about them.

But thank you for your insight!
i own them and likeD them. but they broke in more than one way. definitely not for "100 day plus riders". but they have a good warranty system so they are actually good bindings.

i like k2 bindings much more. and want to try some flux bindings.
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSbored View Post
i own them and likeD them. but they broke in more than one way. definitely not for "100 day plus riders". but they have a good warranty system so they are actually good bindings.

i like k2 bindings much more. and want to try some flux bindings.
I'm definitely not a 100+ day rider, so I think they will work well for me. I have never really tried K2. How do you like your K2? And I haven't been hearing very good things about those Flux bindings.