Skate Banana BTX Sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skate Banana BTX Sizing

Hey guys, sorry if this question has been asked a dozen times,

This season I'm likely going to be riding a skate banana instead of my clash (camber) that I've been riding the past few years. I've been told that the transition from camber to reverse camber (or "BTX"in this case) might take a couple rides to get used to, is it a fair bit different?

My current size is 155 (I'm thinking it might have been a bit long for me), and I'm about 5'6 and 120lbs. I'm looking to either get the banana in a 148 or 152, but I'm not sure which would be better for me and how much of a difference there is between the two. I plan to learn a lot more park this season, but I'll still be doing quite a bit of all mountain/ general freestyle.

I'm told the smaller of the two would have a bit more flex. Currently, I find the clash pretty stiff, takes a fair bit of effort to tail press, even though apparently it was quite a soft board.

Any feedback on which of the sizes would be a better board for me?
powboarder369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's kind of a toss up it sounds like.

You could go with either one, the 152 being more of an all mountain board for your weight, and the 148 being more of a park board with all mountain capabilities..

With the profile it has, rocker in the middle, mild camber under foot. It will be a lot softer then your old cambered board.

Last edited by notter123; 10-16-2011 at 02:25 PM.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply man

Ok, this certainly helps my decision. So basically, the slightly longer board (152) would have more stability at higher speeds, in powder, etc, compared to the 148 which would perform better while doing freestyle, (tricks, spins) but could still handle all mountain riding & carving at moderate speeds, is that the general idea?

I've also heard that its best to size down anyway when getting a board with rocker compared to traditional camber..

If I were to choose the 152, do you think it may limit my freestyle (as they progress) abilities in the future, as compared to the 148?

I think by the sounds of it I'd have more fun with the 148 (as long as it isn't drastically different from what I'm used to) and as long as it doesn't limit my ability to just do whatever at the mountain..
powboarder369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

If your done growing, (sorry not sure how old you are) then go with the 148. I'm not too sure about this whole sizing down thing because I think thats mainly for powder riding because the rocker gives more float, so again depends, if your done growing 148 is fine, if your still growing go with the 152, it wont affect your park progression too much and you will grow into it.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote