Did Burton change base plates between '06 and '08? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperSportChevy

Default Did Burton change base plates between '06 and '08?

Well my custom 156 came the other day and I went to strap my old '06 custom bindings to it and noticed that the base plates wouldnt line up in any configuration and that the screws were also a different size. When did this change and will new base plates work with my old bindings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
SuperSportChevy

When in doubt, buy new gear. God my credit card bill isnt going to be pretty this month.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Damn, I know that I'm known to be one of the prominent Burton bashers (aside from the boots) on this board but shit, if Burton crap doesn't even fit Burton crap, then how can anybody say that they aren't a bunch of elitist assholes? The only advice I have is that I know they are starting a new thing on SOME boards where the bindings mount to some type of rail system where with the quick whip of a screw you can slide your bindings back and forth to quickly change your stance. Other than that all I can say is oops, another Burton interfacing problem Should have got a Rome or something else Maybe this will help, other than that, return that shit and get something a little more customer friendly

Burton.com

Come to think of it you probably aren't having the problems I'm looking at but I feel sorry for you. I can't stand Burton for little reasons like that.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 02-28-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
SuperSportChevy

Well I think what it was is either I lost the Burton specific mounting pads or Burton went form the typical binding mount to their own style in the '07 model year. Its no biggie got a good deal on some new bindings so Im happy.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well that is good, as long as you end up with a pair of bindings that fit that board you bought. As far as I know the triangular 3hole plates are still savvy with most Burton boards so you should be ok. Post up a review after you burn a few miles on your new board! A lot of people ask why there aren't any reviews on this board so do it justice
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
SuperSportChevy

Yeah this is my first Burton board so I wasnt familiar with the '3d' mounting. I must of misplaced the original '3d' plates that came with the old bindings, but hell that was 3 years ago, who knows where they are now.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSportChevy View Post
Yeah this is my first Burton board so I wasnt familiar with the '3d' mounting. I must of misplaced the original '3d' plates that came with the old bindings, but hell that was 3 years ago, who knows where they are now.
AAAAhh, ok. Yeah you need specific plates to mount any binding to a Burton board. They are a pisser like that. I have a set laying around because of the one Burton board I own for the 4 days a year I might ride it.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
AAAAhh, ok. Yeah you need specific plates to mount any binding to a Burton board. They are a pisser like that. I have a set laying around because of the one Burton board I own for the 4 days a year I might ride it.
i lost my burton plates also.. so now on my butron board i got it to work with the other set of base plate. but i coulden't exactly center my stance lol. it had to be a little wider set =[ still doesn't bother me, rides very well
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mendel

Idk about your bindings, but my old plates were universal, and I know of some others that come with them. Now for a pretty picture....

burton boards:

. .
. .
. .

something of that nature

everyone else:

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

my plates looked like this
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5456/dsc00344bh1.jpg
and could fit both.
less burton bashing, capitalism wouldnt let them get where they are today if they didnt make good product.

you can pick up a pair of those plates for 10ish i believe, and if your not getting them with your bindings(or a set of 4 and set of burton plates) then whoevers selling them to you is some shit

$0.02
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

ok i got those plates. but on my burton board where it says centered stance i cant get the holes to line up to insert 4 screws.. not even three.. so i had to widen my stance 1 hole to get 3 in the hole config i believe looks like this
i believe it is the set up not 100% sure i dont have the board in front of me at the moment

-::-::- or -:-:- i think its the second 1 if you can picture it the -'s represent just 1 single hole midline
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote