Was this a good buy? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Default Was this a good buy?

My friend sold me a SoBe Forum JP Walker Snowboard I have no idea if this board is junk or not. Any one know anything about this board i cant really find much online about it?
drewskii2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskii2088 View Post
My friend sold me a SoBe Forum JP Walker Snowboard I have no idea if this board is junk or not. Any one know anything about this board i cant really find much online about it?
How much did you pay?
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Default

lol 20 dollars
drewskii2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskii2088 View Post
lol 20 dollars
If it's in ok shape then I'd say you got an ok deal, for that price I'd ride the crap out and see if you can break it riding rails, trees, rocks, stairs before the seasons done.



Is this it?

"S.E. hardcore with a Quadrax matrix, sintered 4400 SC base and has a sidewall cap"
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 10-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
If it's in ok shape then I'd say you got an ok deal, for that price I'd ride the crap out and see if you can break it riding rails, trees, rocks, stairs before the seasons done.
He has never used it and its still in some plastic rap thing. And whats the actual price range of it like is it a good board to use?
drewskii2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

No idea, sitting on Ebay right now for 120$ with zero bids

It's got a sintered base so it can't be that bad, like I said shred it for a season and then hang it in your bedroom, garage or man room as a trophy.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
No idea, sitting on Ebay right now for 120$ with zero bids

It's got a sintered base so it can't be that bad, like I said shred it for a season and then hang it in your bedroom, garage or man room as a trophy.
Well im a beginner so im guessing it okay for me. It just feels really light and really flexible, i didn't know if that meant it was a piece of crap
drewskii2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 1,012
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskii2088 View Post
Well im a beginner so im guessing it okay for me. It just feels really light and really flexible, i didn't know if that meant it was a piece of crap
I don't think it's the greatest ride in the world, but it's still a Forum and they make solid boards especially for a beginner.

Sorry hopefully someone chimes in who more familiar with that specific board\design.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
I don't think it's the greatest ride in the world, but it's still a Forum and they make solid boards especially for a beginner.

Sorry hopefully someone chimes in who more familiar with that specific board\design.
Yeah I hope someone else knows about it, but thanks for your help man..
drewskii2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,832
Default

Don't know if it's the same board, but my friend also had a SOBE board but it felt really cheap. Hey it's a snowboard. It's $20. Don't worry about it, ride the shit out of it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums