Which boot brands run wide - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Which boot brands run wide

So my new boots just aren't cutting it. Had some older Ride boots that hurt my feet, at which point I decided I needed new boots this year. Tried on a few different pairs and purchased some 08 Vans encore with BOA. They didn't hurt in the store after wearing them for 30 mins, but after using them the first time at the mountain, my feet began to hurt after the first run. I know my feet are wide and possibly flat also. Figured a set of moldeable insoles would help, so I purchase some SOLE insoles, and installed those. Figured the boots were still being broken in, and the pain would go away. I've used them 4 times now and I just can't take it anymore, my feet are hurting almost to the point where I have to stop after every run to rest them, and they start to hurt after the first run. I ride aggressive and fast, and that surely puts a beating on my feet, but I really need something that will cure this pain, problem is that this late in the season, all the local stores a depleted in sizes and choices, so I need to find out which boots to start looking at that accommodate wider feet. My first choices would be the salomon synapse or dialogue wides, but I can't find them anywhere anymore. I'm probably 70% freeride/30% freestyle, mainly jumps and some rails so I would like some stiffer boots most likely, they'll be used in conjunction with 05 Ride SPi bindings
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gustov

i have wide feet too, and i wear salomons without a problem. in the store they felt a little too narrow, but i figured they would break in, and they did after half a day. they couldn't be more comfortable now.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
IntuitioN

i had the same issue, i went with a pair of Burton Moto's after wearing them around in the store and they fit like a dream, good luck finding a new pair
Old 02-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Dogfunk still has a damn good selection of boots left over so I'd check their when you find something that might fit. I have narrow feet and Burton Rulers and Ions are a perfect fit so I'd probably advise to stay away from those two (I know it's not what you're looking for but atleast it narrows it down a little).
Old 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
siberianmist

i have a pair of dc emblem boas sitting around. i never wear them because they are waay to wide for my skinny feet. anyone wwants them let me know