Confused on Ride Machete size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Syn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Confused on Ride Machete size

Ok, so I'm looking at the Ride Machete for my next board but see way too many opinions on sizes so am asking for a suggestion at the 160 or 161w. I'm coming from a K2 146cm that I got about 10 years ago so it's definitely time to upgrade.

I'm an all mountain rider with the occassional park run and rare POW days, 5'10", 170-175lbs and a size 11 boot. Should I go wide due to my boot size? I've read that size 12 is the dividing line between reg and wide, but on the Ride forums I see people recommending size 11s to go wide, while here and other forums they're not being recommended wide. Maybe it's due to the shape and size of Rides, but before I purchase this I want to make sure I'm getting what is best for me.

Thanks for any input guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 AM

The Machete is a few MMs narrower that your average board. If you aren't in a boot with a reduced footprint, than I would go 57 wide. There is no reason for you to go to 61 wide or even a 60 regular. You will have so much more board than you are used to, a 57w would be fine (58 regular if you have a reduced footprint).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Syn

Thanks jgsqueak! After further reading I thought the 160/161w may have been too large for me. Greatly appreciate the input!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed I have size 11 boots on a highlife. Slightly wider than a machete but insignificantly so.
With reduced footprint tech you will be sweet and 158 is plenty for you.
If you have boots with no reduced footprint rock the 157W, but the 158 regular will be more fun at your weight IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode