2011 nitro haze - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 nitro haze

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I have only been snowboarding for about two years now. I live in Texas so I dont really get the chance to snowboard often nor demo them. I have been looking into buying a board for this season and ran across the Nitro Haze. I do plan on doing alittle bit of park as well as free ride, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on this board. I've been searching around for reviews, but I couldn't really come across much reviews regarding Nitro boards.
peterue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterue View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I have only been snowboarding for about two years now. I live in Texas so I dont really get the chance to snowboard often nor demo them. I have been looking into buying a board for this season and ran across the Nitro Haze. I do plan on doing alittle bit of park as well as free ride, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on this board. I've been searching around for reviews, but I couldn't really come across much reviews regarding Nitro boards.
Hi Peterue,

Stoked that you are looking at Nitro! Where do you do most of your riding? It would be awesome if you could post up your weight and foot size.

Thanks
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i love nitro.
the haze is a softy(not as soft as sub zero).but for sure a jib stick. if you do a bit of steep, fast riding the haze may not be right. its more gear toward slower tech riding in park atmosphere.
Im guessing the price is pulling you in. but look at what youll be riding most. maybe look for something a little more toward the all mountain...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am 5'6, weighing 140 lbs with a size 8-9 foot size. Ive been to Breckenridge, Taos, and I plan on going to Keystone for this upcoming season. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am 5'6, weighing 140 lbs with a size 8-9 foot size. Ive been to Breckenridge, Taos, and I plan on going to Keystone for this upcoming season. Thanks for the input!
Got it. The haze is Ultra soft. You are riding fun resorts with solid vertical and tons of terrain options. The Haze would limit you. Like zkoot said, Nitro builds SICK boards. The Team Gullwing 155 will be an incredible choice for you.

Keystone will never be the same
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ive read that Nitro boards tend to get damaged easily as in their durability isnt as good as some other board brands. Is this true?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well they have a 2 year warrnty... so if they really damage easily you have twice as much time as any other board co.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Ive read that Nitro boards tend to get damaged easily as in their durability isnt as good as some other board brands. Is this true?
Nope. Nitro makes bomber boards with a very low warranty rate. Have you seen the railkiller edge and double base they use on Park madels? Very cool. Railkiller is more than twice the edge width of the industry standard. Nitro is Elan built and occupies a huge chunk of that factories production. Elan is typically considered among the best in terms of tech and QC.