freestyle boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
adam 1969

Default freestyle boards

hi
Im semi beginner. I snowboard for four years (about 5-6times a year)i snowboard ok but i would like to get in to freestyle little more.I was talking to few guys on the slopes about different boards( My board is k2 zepplin 162)and was told that i should have shorter and lighter board (maybe 154-158)board will be softer and lighter that will make it easer to control it. I need some input about all that.
i would like to jump little more and try rails. Please let me know what you guys think.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
RidinDirtyyy

depends on ur wieght and how you like your board and how strong u are :d lol but id proboly go for a little smaller board but thats me..
Old 02-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
adam 1969

well im 6.0" and 178lb pretty strong i do need to work little more but what size would u recommend
Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
RidinDirtyyy

maybe try going with a 157 or 158...im 6,2 around 185 pounds and i ride with a 159 and it works great for me..
Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Josh

I'm 6'0 and I just recently got the 154 White Collection board. I couldn't ask for a better board. It rides well wherever I take it whether it's rails, jumps, pow, or pipe.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
adam 1969

which board do u ride and how u like it
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
elementman711

well i ride park all day long and im six foot two inches tall and weigh 140 and i ride a 151. a smaller board definatly is an advantage in the park due to the handling of it but if you go anywhere else with a smaller board it can cause a little control problem....id say about a 155 for you man
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
sparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam 1969 View Post
well im 6.0" and 178lb pretty strong i do need to work little more but what size would u recommend
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDirtyyy View Post
maybe try going with a 157 or 158...im 6,2 around 185 pounds and i ride with a 159 and it works great for me..
I'm also 6'2" and 185lbs and I ride a 158. If you're looking for a freestyle board, I'd say you shouldn't go any larger than that.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
adam 1969

Smile

Ok guys I'm looking on line for new board but which company should I try.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
sparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam 1969 View Post
Ok guys I'm looking on line for new board but which company should I try.
Now that depends on who you ask. In my opinion, once you reach a certain level in quality, a board is a board. Burton, Rome, Forum, Never Summer, K2, Arbor, Lib Tech...I'd have no problem buying from any of these manufacturers.

Personally, I chose my board because it's what I could afford at the time, but I also knew it would last and it fits my style of riding. Of course, tight graphics are always a plus, but performance should always come first. As long as you do your research and ask plenty of questions at your local shop, you can't go wrong.

Some manufacturers also have demo days at resorts. If you can make one of those, that's one of the best ways to find out what you like in a board/setup.

Happy hunting.