Board and/or binding suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board and/or binding suggestions

So I'm pretty new to riding. Spent a few Christmas breaks and spring breaks riding. Spending my first full winter on the snow here in Salt Lake City and am considering a new board.

I'm going to mostly be riding groomers buttering a little, jibbing on boxes and maybe rails, and small jumps.

I've only ridden my Burton ConDom and have some EST bindings so if someone can suggest a good Burton board for my style I'd appreciate it. I'm open to other brands I would just need to find some other bindings first and may have to wait for the board one extra season. If you think of a good board that I'd need new bindings for could you suggest some bindings too?

Found a great deal on my current board and bindings on eBay and couldn't pass it up so I never did too much shopping around or demoing first so any experienced input is greatly appreciated!
damanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

so ……. you have a board or you have bindings or you have both you lost me on that part.
signal park flat
arbor westmark
arbor blacklist
NS evo
k2 fastplant
nitro rook
flow era
just to name some I like
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have both. Burton ConDom and Burton mission est bindings.

I was looking at a k2 www as well today..

Would anyone have size suggestions as well?
I'm 6', 160 lbs, size 10 boots
Old 10-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you can ride a 155 easy for a park board, I have ridden the www when my friend was trying out my parkstar and I did not like the feel at all. Way to soft for me if you ever plan on taking it out of the park. It is a really great board for buttering and jibbing, but so is any board if you put some power behind it. I would just wait if you can and demo this winter then get a board after you try a few.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll definitely be demoing tbis winter before I get one. Was just looking for some suggestions on what types of boards to try out so I'll keep your suggestions in mind.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Atomic Hatchet. Great board. For some reason its not recommended anymore but its still a bad ass board.
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Get a Burton Dominant, I ride a dominant and it's amazing. It says it's mostly for park but I think it's great for all mountain, the highest they make in the dominant is 159, I ride a 159 and i'm 5'10 155lb and size 9 boot and it's a lil on the big side for me, it should be perfect for u, I ride it with burton frestyle bindings, they work pretty good as well. Hope this helps!
drpeppr237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeppr237 View Post
Get a Burton Dominant, I ride a dominant and it's amazing. It says it's mostly for park but I think it's great for all mountain, the highest they make in the dominant is 159, I ride a 159 and i'm 5'10 155lb and size 9 boot and it's a lil on the big side for me, it should be perfect for u, I ride it with burton frestyle bindings, they work pretty good as well. Hope this helps!
The ConDom is the Dominant with a slight convex from heel to toe to add some playfulness.

I like it but I got it used and it is getting to be in not so great shape..
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh haha my bad, oh ok, well I've been using mine for about 2 1/2 3 years and it doesnt really have any damage, just miner scuffing. Another board I would recommend is the Burton Custom, my friend has that, he's said before its a pretty good all mountain board, he is mostly in the terrain parks though.
drpeppr237 is offline   Reply With Quote