Graphics... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Graphics...

OK we scored a color plotter so now our graphics have jumped a bit. And thank to those of you that have opened our eyes to new fonts. Here's a graphic I put together today.. comment freely. I like it but if it sucks plaese say so and we'll work on it. One condition, if you dont like it, plaese suggest something useful and dont just say it sucks.

Thanks everyone, remember... we are trying make something you like so give good input please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spiderweb Graphics Small.jpg (46.3 KB, 50 views)
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I do not like the random colors. The orange and Purple don't flow well with the red and grey scheme I can see as more dominant. Stick with those colors, and I think it would be nice. Also, on my boards I like bright, big, and simple graphics. To be honest, people usually see your board from a distance and that is what they will think of it. If it is that intricate and detailed, from a distance the board will just look grey, nothing more. Just my 2 cents on what I know about graphics based on light client/photoshop work.
xDOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOTY View Post
I do not like the random colors. The orange and Purple don't flow well with the red and grey scheme I can see as more dominant. Stick with those colors, and I think it would be nice. Also, on my boards I like bright, big, and simple graphics. To be honest, people usually see your board from a distance and that is what they will think of it. If it is that intricate and detailed, from a distance the board will just look grey, nothing more. Just my 2 cents on what I know about graphics based on light client/photoshop work.
I agree about the random colors. Stick with a set color pallete or theme so everything flows together; in this case the red and grey logo at the bottom looks like it would match better with the background.

Also simple gradient fades or geometric shapes can help make logos/lettering pop more and catch the eye.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote