Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   F*&k!!! Did I Mess Up My Board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/4213-f-k-did-i-mess-up.html)

FrankDaTank089 02-25-2008 09:59 PM

F*&k!!! Did I Mess Up My Board?

Man, I am really pissed right now. I was doing some adjustments to my rome targas, since they are so adjustable, and of course I was strapped in. I did a little nollie and then a nose press too, just messing around, then unstrapped and turned over my board about to put it up. There are about 10-15 scratches pretty deep on the bottom. they are about a milliameter wide and about 2-3 inches long each. they feel pretty rough to go over. I checked my carpet and there was one loose small metal piece on the ground. I am so fucking angry right now, especially since I have plans to ride friday, and then sunday - tuesday. The surface feels pretty rough over each scratch, but I think it is mainly the over hang of the excess board materil (like the screw went into it, and cut it deep and the stuff that it cut out of it, is hanging off, but is now halfway pushed back down into the scratches.) Will it be okay just to try and get a knife and take out this excess material, and then just wax it really well?

Please tell me there is a way to fix this on my own, becuase I barley have enough money as it is. at lest tell me there is a way to halfway fix this!!

shit, i feel like a dumbass. i even checked the carpet before. the metal piece was so small and blended in so well.

danemeyer20 02-25-2008 10:01 PM

YouTube - Snowboard Tuning Part 6 - Base Repair

FrankDaTank089 02-25-2008 10:05 PM

Whew! Thats a relief to know that it can be fixed. thanks!!!

looks like i need to find a metal scrapper and some p-tex candles. anybody know of where i can get those both in one place, online for cheap, and i would need to get them here by thursday.

neednsnow 02-25-2008 10:13 PM

Great Resource!! Thanks!

Josh 02-25-2008 11:33 PM

Awesome vid. I'll try this on one of my old boards.

Minger 02-25-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankDaTank089 (Post 38597)
Whew! Thats a relief to know that it can be fixed. thanks!!!

looks like i need to find a metal scrapper and some p-tex candles. anybody know of where i can get those both in one place, online for cheap, and i would need to get them here by thursday.

I would say togdor, but it won't get to you before thursday. I just ordered, and they'll prolly get here next week...but they have Ptex candles for $0.69 so I picked up a few along with 1 kilo of wax :)

FrankDaTank089 02-26-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minger (Post 38623)
I would say togdor, but it won't get to you before thursday. I just ordered, and they'll prolly get here next week...but they have Ptex candles for $0.69 so I picked up a few along with 1 kilo of wax :)

thanks, i understand the sites name is togodor, but do you have a link?

KK21 02-26-2008 12:19 AM

it'd be pushin' it to get here by thursday at this point, but you might want to look into racewax.com. They have most stuff on sale and they are quick to send. They're on the east coast, and it only took a couple days to get my stuff (in VA).

Minger 02-26-2008 12:20 AM

Tognar Ski Wax Snowboard Wax Tuning Repair Waxing Tools

Er, I can't spell, I was thinking trogdor.

FrankDaTank089 02-26-2008 12:06 PM

i just went to a place here in charlotte and picked up the scrapper and candle.