Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   warped base of board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/42153-warped-base-board.html)

Tez 10-24-2011 04:56 AM

warped base of board

Hey guys,

I just bought a NS revolver and 390 boss bindings. I mounted the binding doing the screws up like I always do, that is, until there tight and then I add a quater turn. I have noticed the base under the bindings is slightly warped, I have never really checked before is this pretty normal? I realise is wont effect the ride just curious.

Thanks in advance

fattrav 10-24-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tez (Post 427970)
Hey guys,

I just bought a NS revolver and 390 boss bindings. I mounted the binding doing the screws up like I always do, that is, until there tight and then I add a quater turn. I have noticed the base under the bindings is slightly warped, I have never really checked before is this pretty normal? I realise is wont effect the ride just curious.

Thanks in advance

If its just some small inwards dimples in the base, then this can be fairly normal. If its something different, then id like to see photos...

jgsqueak 10-24-2011 06:23 AM

Sounds like binding suck to me. Pictures would definitely help.

Tez 10-24-2011 06:24 AM

I wouldn't call it dimples, when I run my hand along the width of the board where the bindings are it's not perfectly flat, as if it were pull up a little at the disc. You can't see it only feel it.

Tez 10-24-2011 06:26 AM

if it is binding suck, which sounds right, is this a major concern and is it from tightening the screws too much?

Mr. Polonia 10-24-2011 09:06 AM

if u place the tail of your board above your eyes and hold the board parallel to the ground, is this "warpage" JUST where the binding sit? or all along the base from binding to binding? if its the latter, then thats normal.

and also some boards do reveal dimples where the mounting screws are, so that shouldnt be a concern

CheeseForSteeze 10-24-2011 09:24 AM

For your touch, is it dimpled or protruding? Dimpling isn't bad, it's just what happens to the inserts when you tighten bolts in them. If it's not visible but you can feel it, that's normal. If it's protrusions, that's bad. Some binding hardware matched to some boards (Capita Burton combo being chief among them) is incompatible because the bolts are too long for the depth of the inserts. My friend's horrorscope still has bumps visible under the insert packs because of this. He pretty much fucked that board.

jgsqueak 10-24-2011 12:14 PM

Binding suck is normal. Inserts (the bottom of them) are the closest thing to the base of your board so when you tighten your bindings you are pulling the board up to the binding (rather that pushing the binding down to the board). When you tune/wax your boards, just make sure to loosen the screws a bit so that grinding/scrapping is consistent across the whole base.

Tez 10-24-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia (Post 428011)
if u place the tail of your board above your eyes and hold the board parallel to the ground, is this "warpage" JUST where the binding sit? or all along the base from binding to binding? if its the latter, then thats normal.

and also some boards do reveal dimples where the mounting screws are, so that shouldnt be a concern

It's where the bindings sit not in between where the rocker is.

Tez 10-24-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze (Post 428020)
For your touch, is it dimpled or protruding? Dimpling isn't bad, it's just what happens to the inserts when you tighten bolts in them. If it's not visible but you can feel it, that's normal. If it's protrusions, that's bad. Some binding hardware matched to some boards (Capita Burton combo being chief among them) is incompatible because the bolts are too long for the depth of the inserts. My friend's horrorscope still has bumps visible under the insert packs because of this. He pretty much fucked that board.

It's not protruding, it's not dimpling at the screw but over the base plate and it's not visible... Thanks Cheese