Where are Rome Boards Made? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

just curious as to why this would be an issue, if you wear clothes, drive a car, or eat food chances are you are supporting overseas production, im tipping if Rome made their boards in the US they may not be the price they are. *not trying to start an economic discussion just saying
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
It's the quality of the board they're worried about. To be fair though they make just as good boards as anybody else. I'm not upset because of that though, I'm mad because they act like they're different from the rest and bash corporate overseas companies like Burton and then there they are shipping boards across the Pacific.
if their quality was not good then no body would buy form them and they would go out of business.. thus regardless of where it was made... the board has to be at least of decent quality
Snowboard_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yah, I know. But it's not like I'm that involved and care as much about my food and care as much as my snowboard. Call me crazy but I don't care, I take longer to choose my board than my car. I definitely understand that it's not much difference in quality, but it was just a big plus for the company. I wondered why their prices have went down a shit ton. Whatever, Rome is still involved with their riders (they're on here) and as far as I can see is still for the most part what they say. Never really noticed Signal but they seem like a pretty genuine company too.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

I thought only their higher end boards were made in Austria, but after checking this out with my own eyes this doesn't seem to be the case. I know for sure:
- 2011 Rome Agent Rocker, 2012 Rome Postermania = made in Austria
- 2011 Rome Postermania, 2012 Rome Reverb = made in Taiwan
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well there's plenty of USA made companies if that's your deal... Mervin, NS, Smokin... plenty more. (I'm a Lib guy just to be honest)
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't need a snowboarder to make my boards I need a factory worker. The Orient has better factory workers. Global economy for a global sport. Oh no a company found a way to make money while saving their bottom line so they can further invest in R&D. You want to cry about Rome you know they're a member on here right?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't need a snowboarder to make my boards I need a factory worker. The Orient has better factory workers. Global economy for a global sport. Oh no a company found a way to make money while saving their bottom line so they can further invest in R&D. You want to cry about Rome you know they're a member on here right?
Yea, I've talked to them before. You really are a miserable person aren't you. If you would read a little you would see were I say

"I definitely understand that it's not much difference in quality, but it was just a big plus for the company. I wondered why their prices have went down a shit ton. Whatever, Rome is still involved with their riders (they're on here) and as far as I can see is still for the most part what they say. Never really noticed Signal but they seem like a pretty genuine company too."

I care about the companies I buy from because I care about the sport. I'm sorry if that upsets you.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Douche juice that wasn't directed at you if it was you would have known it cause I'd have fist fucked you through the internet and left you crying over all the blood and feces on your keyboard. That was a generalization to everyone that gets all up in arms over some stupid bullshit that is so beyond their control and have no common sense to understand business need to make money to keep going. You want to step into the thunderdome with me?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
You want to cry about Rome you know they're a member on here right?
I guess we have different interpretations of the English language. The first lesson of economics in a capital market is that the consumers have control over the companies through their purchases. It's about making more money and becoming larger, that's why they go overseas. If it were like you said then every single snowboard manufacturer would be overseas. And bro

And btw you really hurt my feelings.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

LOL, BurtonAvenger has anger issues...you remind me of people at my work, in jail! haha, but funny response.
NJtuna is offline   Reply With Quote