Where are Rome Boards Made? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJtuna View Post
LOL, BurtonAvenger has anger issues...you remind me of people at my work, in jail! haha, but funny response.
What a coincidence, I live next to a Prison.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,314
Default

You really want to step into the realm of snowboard construction with me? First off Asia has some of the best manufacturing facilities both in textile and hardgoods and gives a more central location to distribute to Europe and the U.S. while maintaining the Asian market which has something like 300% growth every year over the last decade. Logistically it makes sense. Add to that the fact you can get cheaper labor that is better than some stoner snowboarder doing lay up, granted I'll let people argue that point with me all they want but unless you've ridden more than 100 boards in a season I feel your opinion is a pile of shit and does not matter especially to me.

Oh how cute you learned how to post a picture finally I'm impressed. You interpreted it as a direct attack at you and suddenly you have to puff up your keyboard hero power and let the fingers fly. That was a generalization to anyone that wants to piss and moan.

Now if you really want to get into it with me about snowboarding bring it cause I'm pretty sure I can drop more knowledge on you both locally and globally about snowboarding than you can comprehend. Remember Function snowboards in Ellicottville? Probably not.

Don't cry that someone shit on peoples mindsets that are miniscule. Also the average snowboard consumer is a fucking retard and I have more than enough comments and emails to back that statement up.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 128
Default

Its not a matter of quality, China and Taiwan have come a long way in producing quality products in the past 20 years. But for some people it is a matter of ethics. Would you rather buy from a company that gives Americans jobs at a decent wage or a company that uses 9 year old kids working 12hr shifts 7 days a weeks for pennies a day? I'm not a crazy hippie or anything, but those are the facts. google about the suicides at the Foxconn plant in China who makes most of the electronics we use every day. I'm guilty of buying tons of stuff made over seas, but I always look at where and how stuff is made. If i can swing it, then i'll try to buy stuff made in the US or at least by countries with fair labor practices.

Vote with your dollars! This is one of the reasons i'm looking at Lib Tech for my next board.
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

You're arguing with yourself. I have no clue where any of that stuff applies to opposing what I said. I said that companies make more money by making products overseas and that it would make sense if you want to expand and become a bigger corporation. You just feel you need to prove you know what you're talking about so you say a bunch of irrelevant shit. The average snowboarder is an idiot you're right, but they don't spend even close to the amount of money on products as the knowledgeable crowd. You're the one who is becoming offended here, you always do and then get into a fight. You accuse everyone here of crying, but that is all you do. Stop acting like you're some all knowing god that is better than everyone. You really piss on the sport, focus on having fun with other boarders instead of always trying to 1up them and shun them because you think you're better than them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
Would you rather buy from a company that gives Americans jobs at a decent wage or a company that uses 9 year old kids working 12hr shifts 7 days a weeks for pennies a day? I'm not a crazy hippie or anything, but those are the facts. google about the suicides at the Foxconn plant in China who makes most of the electronics we use every day. I'm guilty of buying tons of stuff made over seas, but I always look at where and how stuff is made. If i can swing it, then i'll try to buy stuff made in the US or at least by countries with fair labor practices.

Vote with your dollars! This is one of the reasons i'm looking at Lib Tech for my next board.
Decent wage? I can tell you that US snowboard factory workers are lucky to get $15 an hour. If you compare and account for differences in cost of living it is probably similar to what they get in China. They don't employ 9 year olds, jackstack, that was Nike in the 80's. Do you really think a snowboard company is going to allow for that? Sure our industry is big, but it's not big enough to get away with that, there are global labor laws. Not to mention a 9 year old is incapable of finishing a snowboard. The last guy Signal hired lasted a week and quit cause it was too hard. It's a hard ass job.

Also, do you ride in bindings? Boots? A jacket? Pants? Goggles? All but a very very select few are China. By few I mean less than 10 and all will be very small companies.

As BA says, I want a factory worker making my board, not some douchette uninterested rider just so I can say for riders BY riders.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

Like he said^, it's not that bad anymore. But it is still not like it is here. I wish I could make $15.00 an hour . But then again C-O-L varies by state.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 128
Default

saying Chinese labor conditions are similar to US labor conditions is beyond ridiculous. educate yourself.

And who said an american factory worker is any less skilled than a foreign one? thats ridiculous, too. These companies wouldn't be in business if they had joe-snowboarder making boards wrong all day long.
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
You're arguing with yourself. I have no clue where any of that stuff applies to opposing what I said. I said that companies make more money by making products overseas and that it would make sense if you want to expand and become a bigger corporation. You just feel you need to prove you know what you're talking about so you say a bunch of irrelevant shit. The average snowboarder is an idiot you're right, but they don't spend even close to the amount of money on products as the knowledgeable crowd. You're the one who is becoming offended here, you always do and then get into a fight. You accuse everyone here of crying, but that is all you do. Stop acting like you're some all knowing god that is better than everyone. You really piss on the sport, focus on having fun with other boarders instead of always trying to 1up them and shun them because you think you're better than them.
Dumbass remove your head from your ass and maybe you can comprehend this. I made a generalization to everyone you are the one that took it personally and let it inflame your hemroids to the point you felt the need to go on and on. Don't cry someone made a generalization you didn't like and knows far more about the subject at hand.

Sport? This isn't a sport to me also didn't realize you ride with me on a daily basis cause I'm pretty sure I've been all smiles and having fun riding the last few days. When's KB open again? Don't be pissed I'm riding.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 772
Default

i just want a great product at a reasonable price i dont really care where its made. Although in saying that 90% of the food i buy is local produce from Australia, thats another issue and i do it for healthy food choice reasons. As far as clothes electronic goods and on the topic, snowboard gear i have no choice but to buy goods made in other countries as it is not economically viable for production to take place in Aus.

I am all for supporting your countries economy and production but sometimes we just cant, now this is turning into a morals and ethics conversation where it started as a simple "i didnt know" thread. no one is going to have the exact same views and beliefs so why dont we all just smoke the peace pipe and agree to disagree.

As for BA, yeah he can come accross as a prick with his blunt responses and i myself had a crack at him when i first joined this site but i do believe he has helped more people (including me) than most people on this site ever will. Once you get over the initial defensive response that most of us have when we "feel" we are being challenged, most of what he says is new information for which i then take on board. Before you say it, yeah sure you can go about it another way but to be honest i laugh daily at his responses so to me its awesome.
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls

Last edited by cjcameron11; 10-25-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Dumbass remove your head from your ass and maybe you can comprehend this. I made a generalization to everyone you are the one that took it personally and let it inflame your hemroids to the point you felt the need to go on and on. Don't cry someone made a generalization you didn't like and knows far more about the subject at hand.

Sport? This isn't a sport to me also didn't realize you ride with me on a daily basis cause I'm pretty sure I've been all smiles and having fun riding the last few days. When's KB open again? Don't be pissed I'm riding.
You're on a whole different planet man. A really pissed off planet, I don't know where any of this is coming from. Don't try to save yourself by saying it was a generalization, you were talking to me and got proven wrong. Which on your planet can't happen. I am seriously disappointed if you're above the age of 18, cause you're pretty immature.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums