newbie in need of help please w board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default newbie in need of help please w board

hey guys up thanks for helping I'm new at this I'm having trouble with figuribg out which board to buy. I ride on the east coast on the slopes and was looking at either the ride crush,agenda or k2 raygun. I am 6'1 210 w a size 13 footi do know I need a wide board. These boards are rocker flat rocker but im noy sure if these are the best for me since I have only went snowboarding 3 times. Or if reverse camber would be the best. Can any one help me out ? Thank you
Statty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

assuming that you would be willing to spend it appears about 400 dollars tax in for a board look into the flow verve, solid beginner board thats pretty soft but not too soft, I also don't know much about Nitro but I hear they have some pretty solid price point decks as well? someone else chime in on this
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for responding, I looked into the verve amd found a 158w. I was told I am between 160-163 will two cm matter? Is the verve a park board or all mountain? Or does it matter if I will just b on the slopes. Ive fine research but I guess,im gettong my self crossed up
Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How about a gnu carbon credit wide? You could do the 159 or 162, a good beginner board and has MTX for those east coast icy days.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm 5'11" 195 12 boot and bought a 156W Carbon Credit last year. Last year was my first year boarding. I rented three times and the last rental I switched 3 times to try different lengths. I decided on the CC for the banana "catch free" and magna traction living here in N.J. The magna traction works great in hard groomed/icy conditions. My friends that board for several years, both fell in a icy section that I just carved right through. I was eating up all the blues and some blacks. Also went to Jay Peak for four days. Couldn't be happier with my selection. Check out the 159W or 162W, you won't regret it.
NJtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

thank you guys, i noticed the gnu cc and liked them. the 2012 are a bit out of my price range. the ride crush i know is like 380 for 2012 but i found a coupon for sports authority thay takes of 15 percent. but i seem i cant find the 162 w cc. alot are out of stock. any one know a place to get one?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

BRAND NEW! GNU 2011 CARBON CREDIT BTX 159W wide snowboard banana magne-traction | eBay
NJtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would suggest spmething by Lib Tech or GNU for the east coast. Most Libs will be out of your price range unless you can find one on clearance or used.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

yea sory wasnt paying attention to your size, go with the carbon credit from last year, should be able to find it in a 157w-160w somewhere, I'd say 160 max... maybe 161, but thats it.
notter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for your help everyone I think ill by a cc today or tomorrow, im pretty stoked about this season. Now for bindings n boots to get