First board that is mine... Board and Binding advice? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jeffers

Will the Rome Targa bindings work with Burton Custom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shazkar

I got the Custom, straight up, not the ICS one, so I guess any bindings would work? Or do I need to have specific 3-hole Burton brand bindings? ... what do I want to look for in bindings?

Last edited by Shazkar; 02-27-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazkar View Post
I got the Custom, straight up, not the ICS one, so I guess any bindings would work? Or do I need to have specific 3-hole Burton brand bindings? ... what do I want to look for in bindings?
I'm pretty sure the Rome mounting disks work with a 4-hole or 3-hole pattern. I have the 390s and I'm pretty sure the instructions showed how to mount them for a 3-hole pattern. My board has 4 holes so I can't confirm.

Either way, you can get a disk that works, so get whatever bindings you want.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Shazkar

Right, so, I guess I need to ask again some things... and will update the first post.

So, I figured, heck, I don't really care if the board is a Second, it's a damn good deal, so I got the Burton Custom Second from Sierra Snowboards, the last 151 they had. $250.

Now I still need boots and bindings. So, questions:
- Can I buy the bindings before the boots?
- I've heard of only a few bindings, from Targa to 390 to Cartel, and I'm sure there are tons out there. What's a good one to look out for (given my board, and the fact that I'll probably be mostly freeriding for now and as I get better, be doing some freestyle, jumps and whatnot, some park perhaps...
- Is there any way I can know the size of bindings to get before I know what boots I'm going to get?
- Any ideas for boots to look out for, or should I just go out and try on everything and just go based off of what fits well... any features, etc that might be good?
- How much is reasonable to spend on boots?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gustov

bindings just come in s, m, l, xl, so all you need to do for those is have a rough idea of how big of a boot you'll be getting. the bindings should say what range of boot sizes they fit. i'm pretty sure every brand of bindings will work with burton boards, there might be one or two that don't but you can buy a plate to make them work. i have ride ex bindins and i like em, good intermediate level bindings i'd say. as for boots, i have salomons and i love em. i've also heard a lot of people recommend salomons.