Thinking About a Lib for next season - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thinking About a Lib for next season

6 Feet tall, 205, (14-15) boot Size.

Hey guys new to the forum, and looking for some advice. I've been riding for the better part of 9 years and would like to get back into more all mountain riding and less almost pure park for next season.
I have been riding Rome for the past few years and Burton before that. I have ridden all the Rome twin boards and enjoy them all; manual, machine and flag. Right now I riding a machine with Targa bindings and like it. I have been hearing great things about the Libs for awhile now and wanted your guys take on them.
From everything I have read they're pretty good. I was thinking maybe a skunk ape 162. Unless they will be making the banana in a wide size, anybody hear if they are?
Also anybody ride bent metal bindings how do you like them? What bindings do you guys ride with huge feet or suggest with huge feet?

Last edited by gmninja84; 02-26-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added more content
gmninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
danemeyer20

If you are looking for a lib board that is all mountain im guessing you want banana tech in a board that kills it on carving and speed.

If you are buying a board for next year I would go with the 2009 "GNU Riders Choice". It is made by the same manufacturer(mervin tech) that makes the lib tech boards. It will have the banana tech and magnetraction. Got to demo one and it is the shyt, no question best board i have ever riden. Some people on here say a place called the sports chalet has them for sale this year but i dunno anything about that.

*** just noticed you elephant feet, Im dont know how wide the baord is and if you can fit. check it out either way though
Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
alildusty

you to to demo it?? niceee. how soft/flexible is it? i'm thinkin about the rx mtx for next year as well.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
ecave84

the skunk ape is coming out with banana next year.

.: Lib Tech 2008 2009 Preview
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well I think that I will be going with a lib for sure. Now I need to pick out some bindings, anybody here like bent metal bindings?
gmninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
danemeyer20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmninja84 View Post
Well I think that I will be going with a lib for sure. Now I need to pick out some bindings, anybody here like bent metal bindings?

My friend has a pair i tried and they were not very comfotable. Not much padding on the straps and they come with an over the toe strap. Which is fine if you like that but after i switched i would never go back, I got a pair of triads and i couldnt be happier
Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
alildusty

I got a lib tech dark series which is relatively stiff. are all lib tech boards on the stiff side? what is their softest/flexible board?