My Beautiful K2 Turbo Dream... What Troubles You Have Caused Me - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
AjP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konundrum View Post
Why the fuck do you have Armada stickers (a skiing company) on a SNOWBOARD?
i bought the board with the stickers on it, andnever bothered to take them off haha, i should tho. just kinda too lazy, ill get on that, with WD-40 and an Exacto haha

AjP
AjP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

With all those stickers I cant tell what board is what. We all go through the phase of not wanting the board to be mussed up ( I mean it's to be expected when some people drop 800$ on a board) but once you are over that first scratch or gouge its not so painful!
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Come on man, ride it before its obsolete. I've got a 2011 k2 Turbo Dream that I JUST bought. I've got 3 days on it so far this year and already have a core shot(October riding FTMFW!!). Do I let it bother me? Hell no. I've loved every minute of riding this board and I'm going to repair it myself and ride it for the rest of this year (80+ days) or until it falls apart. I just don't let that kind of stuff bother me or I wont be having as much fun in the first place. My old "rock" board is completely destroyed however so I guess if I had another good board I would ride it on the more terrible days, but there's no reason you shouldn't be riding your favorite board 90% of the time IMO.

PLUS its your friends old board, shred it for him god damn it.
ShredTaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can hear your board calling for the powder. Set her free. Thats what she was born to do. She is in agony sitting there gathering dust.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your one of those people that would buy a fast car and then never hit full throttle in it because it is your baby. Fuck that shit. Someone somewhere put their heart and soul into designing that board and you are dishonoring them by not riding it. Use it just don't abuse it.

2011 Smokin Buck Ferton 155
2013 Flow NX2-SE
2013 Flow Hylite boa
Burton Stagger pants/jacket
Smith I/O
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
AjP

Thanks guys, I am definatley going to shred this thing and when its beat to shit, im mounting it on my wall in memory of my friend! Thanks for all your help guys

AjP
AjP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ha ha, I saw this thread and had to comment. I have the same board and like you I didn't want to wreck it, I mean look at that awesome pink base BUT once you're in knee-deep powder you're gonna wonder why you waited.

The condition of mine will make you cry; that white goo in the picture is epoxy I had to apply after this weekend. Both tips and the edges are chewed and I've had to have scratches in the base filled 2x, but it is the best board I've ever ridden. All my ski buddies are amazed I take it everywhere they go.

This is my 3rd year with it and I've got over 300-days on it in every condition you can think of - but I never regret taking it out. In fact, if you still don't want to use, send it my way, I'll buy it from ya!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K2.jpg (173.2 KB, 21 views)
UTSnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote