Getting Used To TBT - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Getting Used To TBT

so bataleons TBT.... are you supposed to ride it flat based all the time or are you supposed to ride it like a "normal" board and switch from edge to edge constantly?
ABagofButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its still a snowboard. Ride it like a snowboard and don't over think things.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Its still a snowboard. Ride it like a snowboard and don't over think things.
yea i just dont wanna buy a board and then hate it
Old 10-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I got to try a couple bataleons at a demo a couple years ago. For me, the learning curve lasted about half a run. I mostly just went through the park and over-rotated to see if it would save me. It did just fine. It's a little different flat-basing and railing a turn at speed, but nothing you arent going to figure out over general use. I loved it, but the price tag is a little steep for me- so I bought an Omatic with BS tech. Similar technology. Unfortunately there's too much of a gap between trying the TBT and my current Omatic to realistically compare the two techs, but the feel is similar and absolutely loads of fun.

Sorry, didn't answer Q: you ride it like normal. Edges to turn, flat for speed. It won't really drift on you too much, but a slight more that a traditional board.

Last edited by Cubs; 10-31-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Didn't answer OPs Q
Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
I got to try a couple bataleons at a demo a couple years ago. For me, the learning curve lasted about half a run. I mostly just went through the park and over-rotated to see if it would save me. It did just fine. It's a little different flat-basing and railing a turn at speed, but nothing you arent going to figure out over general use. I loved it, but the price tag is a little steep for me- so I bought an Omatic with BS tech. Similar technology. Unfortunately there's too much of a gap between trying the TBT and my current Omatic to realistically compare the two techs, but the feel is similar and absolutely loads of fun.

Sorry, didn't answer Q: you ride it like normal. Edges to turn, flat for speed. It won't really drift on you too much, but a slight more that a traditional board.
alright thanks so much man! im gonna get a Lobster board cuz id love to support the Helgasons!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABagofButter View Post
alright thanks so much man! im gonna get a Lobster board cuz id love to support the Helgasons!
Buying a Lobster isn't really supporting the Helgason's. It's supporting the marketing crew behind their sweet antics like "retail worthy" shoelace belts.

If you want a slightly softer FunKink then get the Jib. If you want a slightly softer ET get the Park. Otherwise just get a Bataleon.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

I spend most of the time riding my fun.kink flat, since with the tbt, I don't worry about edge-catch, and its a little bit less work than riding edge to edge constantly. Prob took about half a day to fully adjust to it, but since then, I've loved it. It's kind of like riding pow except on groomers, because the board just floats along on it. My friend did say that it handles strange in actual pow, but since my fun.kink is mainly a park board, I'm not worried about it. I love it, but I'd suggest trying one out if possible, because my friend (who has an evil twin) likes it, but definitely not to the extent that I love it.
bebop_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Buying a Lobster isn't really supporting the Helgason's. It's supporting the marketing crew behind their sweet antics like "retail worthy" shoelace belts.

If you want a slightly softer FunKink then get the Jib. If you want a slightly softer ET get the Park. Otherwise just get a Bataleon.
well they said if people dont buy their boards then theyll stop lobster
Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

hey just wanted to let you guys know that I got the evil twin and i love it. Took no time at all to get used to it
Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I bought a bataleon a few years ago and hated the loose feel of TBT and ended up selling it to a friend. I wish I had given it more of a chance.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote