Getting Used To TBT - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting Used To TBT

so bataleons TBT.... are you supposed to ride it flat based all the time or are you supposed to ride it like a "normal" board and switch from edge to edge constantly?
ABagofButter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,411
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Its still a snowboard. Ride it like a snowboard and don't over think things.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Its still a snowboard. Ride it like a snowboard and don't over think things.
yea i just dont wanna buy a board and then hate it
ABagofButter is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got to try a couple bataleons at a demo a couple years ago. For me, the learning curve lasted about half a run. I mostly just went through the park and over-rotated to see if it would save me. It did just fine. It's a little different flat-basing and railing a turn at speed, but nothing you arent going to figure out over general use. I loved it, but the price tag is a little steep for me- so I bought an Omatic with BS tech. Similar technology. Unfortunately there's too much of a gap between trying the TBT and my current Omatic to realistically compare the two techs, but the feel is similar and absolutely loads of fun.

Sorry, didn't answer Q: you ride it like normal. Edges to turn, flat for speed. It won't really drift on you too much, but a slight more that a traditional board.

Last edited by Cubs; 10-31-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Didn't answer OPs Q
Cubs is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
I got to try a couple bataleons at a demo a couple years ago. For me, the learning curve lasted about half a run. I mostly just went through the park and over-rotated to see if it would save me. It did just fine. It's a little different flat-basing and railing a turn at speed, but nothing you arent going to figure out over general use. I loved it, but the price tag is a little steep for me- so I bought an Omatic with BS tech. Similar technology. Unfortunately there's too much of a gap between trying the TBT and my current Omatic to realistically compare the two techs, but the feel is similar and absolutely loads of fun.

Sorry, didn't answer Q: you ride it like normal. Edges to turn, flat for speed. It won't really drift on you too much, but a slight more that a traditional board.
alright thanks so much man! im gonna get a Lobster board cuz id love to support the Helgasons!
ABagofButter is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,411
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABagofButter View Post
alright thanks so much man! im gonna get a Lobster board cuz id love to support the Helgasons!
Buying a Lobster isn't really supporting the Helgason's. It's supporting the marketing crew behind their sweet antics like "retail worthy" shoelace belts.

If you want a slightly softer FunKink then get the Jib. If you want a slightly softer ET get the Park. Otherwise just get a Bataleon.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Where the Greatest Snow on Earth is (SLC).
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I spend most of the time riding my fun.kink flat, since with the tbt, I don't worry about edge-catch, and its a little bit less work than riding edge to edge constantly. Prob took about half a day to fully adjust to it, but since then, I've loved it. It's kind of like riding pow except on groomers, because the board just floats along on it. My friend did say that it handles strange in actual pow, but since my fun.kink is mainly a park board, I'm not worried about it. I love it, but I'd suggest trying one out if possible, because my friend (who has an evil twin) likes it, but definitely not to the extent that I love it.
bebop_monk is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Buying a Lobster isn't really supporting the Helgason's. It's supporting the marketing crew behind their sweet antics like "retail worthy" shoelace belts.

If you want a slightly softer FunKink then get the Jib. If you want a slightly softer ET get the Park. Otherwise just get a Bataleon.
well they said if people dont buy their boards then theyll stop lobster
ABagofButter is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey just wanted to let you guys know that I got the evil twin and i love it. Took no time at all to get used to it
ABagofButter is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought a bataleon a few years ago and hated the loose feel of TBT and ended up selling it to a friend. I wish I had given it more of a chance.
Extremo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome