Need help with new gear :D - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trace63

Default Need help with new gear :D

Alright, so VERY long story short -->

Went to Mt. Snow the other week and rode for the first time. The rest is history. I immediately fell in love with. Despite falling on my ass every other second and I cant to go back.

Now instead of renting again and again and again I was thinking of just buying my stuff for next year and the end of this season. Unfortuantly I dont have the cash to get new equipment each season.

What I was thinking : (Im 220lb at 6'4 btw)

Rome manual 162 IF I can find it, sierra is sold out
OR
Neversummer Legacy

Rome 390's (Probably stupid move but I just bought them for $114 from Sierra)

Any boots that fit my size 14 foot.

Any opinions?

Last edited by Trace63; 02-26-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
jeffjens0502

Dude, I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'3, 225 and wear a size 12. Have been doing a little research and was suggested to get something like a K2 After Black 163 and still looking for opinions about comfortable boots, jackets, pants etc... If ya cold, let me know what you find out too. Thanks bro.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trace63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjens0502 View Post
Dude, I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'3, 225 and wear a size 12. Have been doing a little research and was suggested to get something like a K2 After Black 163 and still looking for opinions about comfortable boots, jackets, pants etc... If ya cold, let me know what you find out too. Thanks bro.
Well clothes I'm pretty much ok with. I use North Face snowboard pants and they do themselves justice. They never soak and they're warm as hell. With jackets just get what you can that will keep you warm/comfortable with a 10k water resistant rating or higher.

From the looks of it the Rome Manual would hit the spot.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
jeffjens0502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace63 View Post
Well clothes I'm pretty much ok with. I use North Face snowboard pants and they do themselves justice. They never soak and they're warm as hell. With jackets just get what you can that will keep you warm/comfortable with a 10k water resistant rating or higher.

From the looks of it the Rome Manual would hit the spot.
Thats the kind of info I need. Glad you told me about the 10k water resistant rating too, I didn't even know that, well didn't pay attention to it back then anyway. Things have changed so much over the past 6 years. Gonna check out that Rome Manual
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was in the same boat as you last year, fell in love afte my first time out and bought everything before my second time. Needless to say, I don't use any of the gear that I did last season. The boots should be most important, goto a store and try them on. Mt. Snow has some good shops in the area that you may find some stuff. Without knowing how you want to ride in the future it may be difficult to buy stuff now that will keep your interest down the road. Although the Rome 390s are a good binding and will do the job. Try to go with a cheaper board that you can learn on in case you want to progress into a more advanced board. I started off with a GNU Carbon High Beam and that was a great board, semi-stiff, twin directional, great to learn on and not too expensive.