149 or 145 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 149 or 145

Hi guys, I am getting a brand new board that I am going to be using purely for jibbing. I heard that the Skate Bananas are really good for it, but I might get a GNU Park Pickle, I am still debating. Their sizes that are closest to me are 149cm and 145 cm. I weight 130 pounds and I am 5'8'' with a size 9 boot. Would a 145 or 149 be better for me? And remember it will be for PURE jibbing. Thank you for reading!
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlay View Post
Hi guys, I am getting a brand new board that I am going to be using purely for jibbing. I heard that the Skate Bananas are really good for it, but I might get a GNU Park Pickle, I am still debating. Their sizes that are closest to me are 149cm and 145 cm. I weight 130 pounds and I am 5'8'' with a size 9 boot. Would a 145 or 149 be better for me? And remember it will be for PURE jibbing. Thank you for reading!
You could have at least reworded the post a little so that we wouldn't know it's you again. But since you actually posted a real title this time, I will give an answer.

Since this is a pure jib board, just go with the smaller size. There is no reason to go with the bigger size if you are not going to use it all over the mountain.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
You could have at least reworded the post a little so that we wouldn't know it's you again. But since you actually posted a real title this time, I will give an answer.

Since this is a pure jib board, just go with the smaller size. There is no reason to go with the bigger size if you are not going to use it all over the mountain.
If I was who again? And I was wondering maybe I could get a 149 board and save a couple hundred dollars instead of using a jib specific board and powder specific board. Would the 149 be good for both? Or should I still get 145
Old 10-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If I was who again? And I was wondering maybe I could get a 149 board and save a couple hundred dollars instead of using a jib specific board and powder specific board. Would the 149 be good for both? Or should I still get 145
Lol, you actually messed up and posted with the wrong account, and now you are trying to say it isn't you?

Either way, you are probably REALLY young, which means you are growing, which means if you want something that will be good for all mountain for the next couple years get the bigger size.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol, you actually messed up and posted with the wrong account, and now you are trying to say it isn't you?

Either way, you are probably REALLY young, which means you are growing, which means if you want something that will be good for all mountain for the next couple years get the bigger size.
I am actually seventeen, I used to weigh 140+ but I dropped ten pounds since I am on the wrestling team at my school and I needed to compete in the 130s division..but right now is the off season so maybe I could get to 135 and that way it'll be easier to jib with the 149. Would that be a decent idea?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am actually seventeen, I used to weigh 140+ but I dropped ten pounds since I am on the wrestling team at my school and I needed to compete in the 130s division..but right now is the off season so maybe I could get to 135 and that way it'll be easier to jib with the 149. Would that be a decent idea?
17 is still young when it comes to height and weight, you can gain 10 pounds in a couple months if you really wanted to.

The question is how long do you want this board for. If it is just for this year and you are planing to get another next year the smaller size should be fine. But if you want to use it for the next 2+ years I would go with the larger size. 149 is still a small board, and both these boards are soft. You shouldn't have a problem throwing it around.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
17 is still young when it comes to height and weight, you can gain 10 pounds in a couple months if you really wanted to.

The question is how long do you want this board for. If it is just for this year and you are planing to get another next year the smaller size should be fine. But if you want to use it for the next 2+ years I would go with the larger size. 149 is still a small board, and both these boards are soft. You shouldn't have a problem throwing it around.

Yea, I plan on using it for the next two years..So I guess I will get the 149 size. What would you do if in my position? Please give an honest opinion! thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I would suggest the 149. I'm shorter than you, and about 150lbs and I find that I can press and jib a 149 easily. Plus, i find that sometimes i just get bored of jibbing so its nice to have something that i can take to some other runs on the mountain as well, or if I'm meeting up with another group that happens to be on the mountain and they aren't into that style of riding.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayin View Post
I would suggest the 149. I'm shorter than you, and about 150lbs and I find that I can press and jib a 149 easily. Plus, i find that sometimes i just get bored of jibbing so its nice to have something that i can take to some other runs on the mountain as well, or if I'm meeting up with another group that happens to be on the mountain and they aren't into that style of riding.
Okay, thank you a lot for the information. I am going to go ahead and order the 149 online.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey man if you have not ordered yet I am selling a 2011 Skate Banana in size 149 if you are interested. PM me!
jds3939 is offline   Reply With Quote