Flow Verve - Opinions/Thoughts - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #31 (permalink)

Yes sir, even your beloved Angry Snowboarder seems to be fond of the Horrorscope The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Capita Horrorscope with Union Forces my take

It is older, but still the same FK and errythang.

"The Horrorscope FK: TAKES NO EFFORT! STABLE AT HIGH SPEEDS! PERFECT FOR HANGOVERS! JIB LIKE A MAD MAN!" -Angry
xDOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlay View Post
Lib Tech is one of the highest quality snowboard companys in the WORLD, and one of the few companies that still hand makes their boards in the USA.

Their boards are ridden by skilled riders such as Travis Rice.

Argue against that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
And just for the sake of fucking with people here we go:

USA:
Never Summer: Denver Colorado Also makes Status Snowboards
Mervin: Lib, Gnu, Some Roxy
Unity: Silverthorne Colorado
Signal: LA also make Rockstar "promo not what Chaz rides" and Volcom
Monson: Humanity, Nope, Nieva, Crispy Whips, GME, Legend, Sp3i, and a whole slew of other brands you do not give a shit about
Sentury: Reno also makes NO Way! and Chas Guldemonds Rockstar boards
Rev Manufacturing: Utah probably makes some other brands you've never heard of and a few prototypes for others I think Savai snowboards is from there as well as Blank snowboards
Smokin: Sparks NV made some promotional Betty Rides boards at one point
MarHar: Michigan
Prospect: Partly made by Monson partly by their press they bought from Monson in Wisconsin
Nightmare Development: Silverthorne CO with their own press not made by Unity
Compatriot: Made somewhere in CO I'm thinking Donek
Donek: Denver they also make mono skis I mean carving boards
Homewood Snowboards: Help from Steve Hayes heard now Ryan Monson is helping them from Bradford PA
OZ Snowboards: Englewood or Evergreen Colorado or some shit
Blak Sheep Snowboards: Dirty Jerz
Rhythm Snowboards: Somewhere in New England I think Maine or Mass or NH I'm brain farting here
Bean Snowboards: Boston
Chimera: Splitboards
Tyrant Snowboards: If I haven't put them out of business
Shotgun Snowboards: If they haven't put themselves out of business
Epix Snowboards: Michigan or somewhere in the midwest

Canada:
Prior
Class 5
Republic

GST:
Any board that has structurn is a dead give away of this.
Niche
Step Child?
Santa Cruz?
DC

Elan:
Capita
Higher end Rome I think the swallow tails and shit are made there
Burton
Nitro
Automaton
Academy
Salomon?
Head
Palmer
Endeavor
Elan
Artec

Nidecker:
Nidecker
Jones
Special Projects: I.E. Aunti Autti's boards AFM's Boards
Yes
Burton

Spain:
Rossignol? Not sure if they're still made there

The Orient:
Lamar
Echelon
Omatic
Some Rome
Monument
Burton
Technine
K2
Ride
Sims
Ellis
Morrow
Flow
Betty Rides

I think I covered just about everything I can off the top of my head. I just woke up and haven't had my morning pee or punched a baby in the face so I'm a bit foggy.
Read through that and see how you like it.

Rice rides them? Oh holy bejeezus. He could ride a door with holes in it and still drop 7's in pow. Lago Rides Flow. Leblanc's on Ride. Muller's on Burton. Merril is on Salomon. GIGI is basically on Signal. Guch is basically on Signal. J.Jones is basically on Rossi or Nidecker. Same with Delerue. J.Jackson was on Forum and is now on the B. Bilouq is on Nitro. Mendenhall is on K2. Since when does a rider validate a board's ablitity? Oh right, it hasn't ever since the pro model died*.

*Died as in it no longer really means what it used to. Back when the pro really did ride their pro model, where as now they just ride what they want and the company builds a board then slaps their name on it.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Read through that and see how you like it.

Rice rides them? Oh holy bejeezus. He could ride a door with holes in it and still drop 7's in pow. Lago Rides Flow. Leblanc's on Ride. Muller's on Burton. Merril is on Salomon. GIGI is basically on Signal. Guch is basically on Signal. J.Jones is basically on Rossi or Nidecker. Same with Delerue. J.Jackson was on Forum and is now on the B. Bilouq is on Nitro. Mendenhall is on K2. Since when does a rider validate a board's ablitity? Oh right, it hasn't ever since the pro model died*.

*Died as in it no longer really means what it used to. Back when the pro really did ride their pro model, where as now they just ride what they want and the company builds a board then slaps their name on it.
Thank you for proving my point that most boards aren't made in the USA.

You're blindly calling Lib Tech a bad company without ANY evidence. You're merely stating the advantages other companies have and avoiding the subject.
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input, it's looking like I'll go with the verve - I have only really ridden a few boards in my day and never a park board. Just wanted to make sure I avoided a "door with holes in it", which it looks like i will.
snowboardDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My point was to show how many ARE made in the US. Of course most are made overseas jackstack. It's cheaper and better. Also "handmade" is a crock of shit. Omatic said it best. "Hand made by expensive machines. I know their volume, the can't afford to hand make snowboards. The amount of haands on they employ is laying edge and cutting the flashing. Everything else is a giant expensive automated machine that the factory workers carry boards to. Oh and resin layup is most likely by hand. Signal is more by hand then Mervin.

Give me a Mervin and I'll show you something that rides as good or better for less $$. You pay them a premium for "made in the US" and then they cut corners like not wrapping their edges. It is NOT more durable and explodes. Don't give me this Mervin is superior shit. You're out of your league here broseph.

The Horror that BA rode was the Limited its first year with stanard FK that started outside the bindings. Urban FK starts just inside the inserts.

Also, buy my things?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
My point was to show how many ARE made in the US. Of course most are made overseas jackstack. It's cheaper and better. Also "handmade" is a crock of shit. Omatic said it best. "Hand made by expensive machines. I know their volume, the can't afford to hand make snowboards. The amount of haands on they employ is laying edge and cutting the flashing. Everything else is a giant expensive automated machine that the factory workers carry boards to. Oh and resin layup is most likely by hand. Signal is more by hand then Mervin.

Give me a Mervin and I'll show you something that rides as good or better for less $$. You pay them a premium for "made in the US" and then they cut corners like not wrapping their edges. It is NOT more durable and explodes. Don't give me this Mervin is superior shit. You're out of your league here broseph.

The Horror that BA rode was the Limited its first year with stanard FK that started outside the bindings. Urban FK starts just inside the inserts.
Thank you for feeding me.

TROLOOLLLLIOOOLOL
Inlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

It's kind of ridiculous to pay $500+ and have your edges more naked than a catholic boy in a room with a priest. We got a lib tech for free and now none of my friends will buy it. Not because of how it rides. Because frankly they're not that good yet. Purely on how it got beat up after just a couple runs. My Technine I bought for $100 new held up better. My SL held up like a tank. My wife's 7 year old Roxy board interestingly looks pretty durable to be honest.

That said I still want a TRS Slim to see what's its like to ride on a narrow board (my boots 7.5-8)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlay View Post
Thank you for feeding me.

TROLOOLLLLIOOOLOL
Please. You're only "trolling" as of now cause you've realized you're an idiot with bogus facts to back him up.

Also, buy my things?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Broski, Good Wood is not legit. Lib Tech is pretty good, not the best by far though. Travis Rice could school the whole planet on a snurf board. Making a board in the U.S. has no technological benefits, just ethical benefits.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote