First Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default First Board

This coming season will be my third year riding. I would consider myself an intermediate rider, looking for an all-mountain board that will still let me continue to advance in the park. I also live on the east coast so I run into some icy conditions. Right now i have narrowed it down to three different boards: Burton Blunt, GNU Carbon Credit, and K2 Raygun. As far as the Blunt is concerned i can pick it up for like $280 through a discount...so I am basically wondering if it is worth the extra money to go with the CC or Raygun. If so which would you prefer? Also I am 5'10" and 150 lbs. so like a 155 or 156 would suit me, or should I go smaller? Thanks

Last edited by tmark04; 11-02-2011 at 03:02 PM.
tmark04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

So I found last years model raygun on sale for $280. Im thinking i should go with this, but not totally sure on what size to get...153 or 156?
tmark04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'd say it's personal preference as both boards fall within the spectrum of your ideal board length. But you say you wanna spend more time in the park? Go with the 153.. but just how much in the park? If it's just a few runs I'd go with the 156 unless you're gonna spend most of your time there.

Honestly though you'll probly find very little difference between the two unless you're nitpicky. :P

Last edited by Bayoh; 11-03-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Personally I'd go with the 153 if I were you.

Considering you're looking for a deck for a cheap price I'm guessing you're going to be riding it for a few years. Add on that you're wanting to learn more in the park and the 153 sounds like a good choice. If for some reason the 156 is the only one available when you go to buy, don't worry about it, as said above it won't hold you back. I'm 5' 9" 155 and ride a 155 in the park myself.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote