Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Wax polishing (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/42483-wax-polishing.html)

Inlay 11-02-2011 02:39 AM

Wax polishing

Are these good for polishing after scraping or are they too course/abrasive?

Heavy Duty Scour Pad

If they're too abrasive, does anyone have any suggestions on what to use? Or should I use the non-scratch version of those?

Bayoh 11-02-2011 02:42 AM

Nah they're what I use. Just grab whatever generic brand there is in the grocery store and save an extra buck. :)

fattrav 11-02-2011 03:01 AM

That stuff will be fine, it gets gummed up with excess wax after a bit which makes it a lot less coarse. Seeing as I now do not work at a place that had lots of scotch-brite available. I use the cheapest stuff that I can find in either the supermarket, or some where like the $2 shop. Works just as good as the stuff you linked (actually the user satisfaction is slightly higher).

Milo303 11-02-2011 03:15 AM

I just wax and scrape my Never Summer and point it.... Nobody can keep up

Using the proper wax for the snow conditions is my biggest thing..

All of the other polishing gimmicks, I don't get em.

Wax/Scrape/Point/Going as fast as my balls will let me and still going faster.

fattrav 11-02-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo303 (Post 432247)
I just wax and scrape my Never Summer and point it.... Nobody can keep up

Using the proper wax for the snow conditions is my biggest thing..

All of the other polishing gimmicks, I don't get em.

Wax/Scrape/Point/Going as fast as my balls will let me and still going faster.

Your old avatar was far better. I'm not too anal about my base, but I do buff it with scotch brite to make sure that all the wax is off. Have tried it with and with out, and believe that the buffed base was faster. Either way, it still goes more than fast enough for me.

Milo303 11-02-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattrav (Post 432253)
Your old avatar was far better.

My woman came unglued when she saw that I was representing myself with a pair of asian tits.... Go figure

Inlay 11-02-2011 09:51 AM

Thank you everyone for your replies, I will go ahead and use the scotch brite

Mr. Polonia 11-02-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inlay (Post 432320)
Thank you everyone for your replies, I will go ahead and use the scotch brite

i used to use the green scotch brite pad for my 0-32 degree wax and the brown one(more coarse) for my colder waxes. But now im more efficient using a metal scraper and was shown that after a good scrape....keyword "good"....a brass brush will do fine if not better. After all that ill use my green pad a few times and cap it off with a nylon brush and my board is super slick.

chupacabraman 11-02-2011 10:24 AM

Yep those pads work great. If it's spring condtions / wet snow, you'll definitely want to be using the brush to texture your base.