So I wanted a NS, but I won a burton.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So I wanted a NS, but I won a burton..

I had just recently started looking at boards and I was in my local shop this weekend and signed up in this drawing advertising a free board, it didnt specify what board because they would give you the size you needed for you.

Anywho, I ended up winning! And I got a burton custom flying v 158 wide, I was pretty stoked because now all I have to buy are the boots and the bindings! But here's my dilemma, I'm from Colorado, everybody I know rides and swears by never summer and man do I want one. So I'll probably end up riding my free board this year and look at getting a NS next season!

So I guess the point of this thread would be my two questions:
1. What never summer would you guys recommend for a 170 pound dude with a size 12 boot who wants to ride all-mountain? I was looking at the Evo and really like it, but don't know how my boot size will work with it?

And 2. What boot/binding combo would work with my burton this year and work with my never summer for next year?

Thanks guys!
TexassSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why not just sell the board? You might not get retail for it but even if you got only 75% of retail you still would only need to put in less than a $100 to get a new never summer. Seems like a good deal to me.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow congrats on the board. It's a good board and there's no reason not to shred with it. If you really want to get a NS I suggest grabbing either the Evo or a Heritage/Raptor to round out your quiver with a dedicated park or freeride board.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

If you go longer, you'd be ok. For instance, between SL/Legacy, you could get away with an SL 159 or longer but any shorter you'd probably want a Legacy.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexassSnow View Post
I had just recently started looking at boards and I was in my local shop this weekend and signed up in this drawing advertising a free board, it didnt specify what board because they would give you the size you needed for you.

Anywho, I ended up winning! And I got a burton custom flying v 158 wide, I was pretty stoked because now all I have to buy are the boots and the bindings! But here's my dilemma, I'm from Colorado, everybody I know rides and swears by never summer and man do I want one. So I'll probably end up riding my free board this year and look at getting a NS next season!

So I guess the point of this thread would be my two questions:
1. What never summer would you guys recommend for a 170 pound dude with a size 12 boot who wants to ride all-mountain? I was looking at the Evo and really like it, but don't know how my boot size will work with it?

And 2. What boot/binding combo would work with my burton this year and work with my never summer for next year?

Thanks guys!
The burton flting v is a pretty good all mountain board.... but i dont get is just because all your friend swears by never summer or rides them.. does not mean you have to as well.... not syaing never summer is not a good brand... but you never know... the burton board cna grow on you.. or maybe some other company you have not tried yet... point is... just because all your friend does one thing does not mean you have to follow the crowd
Snowboard_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboard_Otaku View Post
The burton flting v is a pretty good all mountain board.... but i dont get is just because all your friend swears by never summer or rides them.. does not mean you have to as well.... not syaing never summer is not a good brand... but you never know... the burton board cna grow on you.. or maybe some other company you have not tried yet... point is... just because all your friend does one thing does not mean you have to follow the crowd
This. Ride what you like and don't pick a board or brand completely by 2nd hand knowledge.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think the bottom line here is...CONGRATS! You won a $600 board...all your friends are going to be so jealous and hate you for the fact that your board was free and probably better than what they have...on your other question about bindings for a NS board if you do swap out...you are in trouble because all the new burton boards require the EST bindings...to my knowledge there is no adapter plate to attach to a standard hole pattern...so love your board or sell it!
Engage_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

I definitely want to try it out this season and hopefully it grows on me, I love being different! I appreciate all the responses.
As far as bindings for it, are there any suggestions? I kinda like the look of the burton malavita, but would like other opinions as well!
TexassSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexassSnow View Post
I definitely want to try it out this season and hopefully it grows on me, I love being different! I appreciate all the responses.
As far as bindings for it, are there any suggestions? I kinda like the look of the burton malavita, but would like other opinions as well!
From Burton C02's have always been my favorite and cartels after that. There are still a lot of last years models left.

Where in Texas are you?
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd rather go with a similar model Neversummer than the Burton flying V. It might just be me, but that camber profile is pretty whack from what I can tell. Where they place the camber pretty much defeats the purpose of the rocker.

Overall though, the Burton custom has been a standard for years and I have yet to try their Flying V technology. So maybe it's pretty decent. I hope to take one or two Burton's out with this profile at the dealer demo days in a couple of weeks.

Do you have to go ICS for this deck?

I'd say if you don't want to spend money on a new deck, just ride this one for now. I'm sure it'll serve you well. If you don't want to invest in ICS (if needed) then I would sell it as advised and go with a board from another company.

That is really the biggest drawback to Burton, is that they don't play nice with others.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote