Please give me a piece of mind - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Please give me a piece of mind

Hey Guys...yet another thread with my sizes being thrown out there...I have a NS SL sitting on the side for me to pick up and I automatically told them a 155 is what I was after...I weight 170 probably with all my gear on and stand 5'7(on a good day ) have I gone with the right size? I'm also a beginner for the most part with not a lot of experience on the mountain but really wanted a board that I would grow with which was my reasoning for going with the SL. Let me know your thoughts. I also went with Burton Cartels and Ruler boots...go ahead and give me your 2 cents as I know you all love to do that
P.S. ill be on the east coast (PA)
Engage_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

155 seems right to me for your current size and skill level. Are you planning on doing more freestyle or freeriding?

Also are you at an age where you are still growing? Currently the board will work well for you but if you all of a sudden reach 5'10 next year and get up to like 185-190 it could start getting pretty small.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Board size sounds good. If you are still growing at all it will still be fine if you start to focus on park riding.

People love the Cartels so you are good there.

I don't know anything about your boots but when it comes to boots, it's more about good fit over brand recognition.

Hope you have a great season man!
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
155 seems right to me for your current size and skill level. Are you planning on doing more freestyle or freeriding?

Also are you at an age where you are still growing? Currently the board will work well for you but if you all of a sudden reach 5'10 next year and get up to like 185-190 it could start getting pretty small.
^^^^This

If you think your weigth might go up for whatever reason maybe ask if you could just exchange it for a 157 or w/e the next size up from a 155 is, I don't think it will be to big of a problem.
ChrisMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I appreciate the piece of mind...ya I'm 30 now so sadly the only growing I'll probably be doing is the horizontal kind but I'm pretty active so hopefully I won't be putting on the lbs. The boots were a great deal and I did try on several pairs and I just couldn't beat the price and comfort on the Rulers...I was told they will fit nicely with the cartels as well because apparently Burton's boots and bindings are made with the same footprint in mind? I don't know just heard it after the sale I'm just really excited to hop on it and bust my A$$!
Engage_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sorry man I need all the mind I can get, seriously though that's the size I would choose for myself if I was your height\weight.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was 140lb on a 151 and it was on the slightly stiffer side for me. It was just a smooth and great ride. 155 sounds perfect and may be a bit more playful for you which is a good thing.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I ride a Never Summer Sl 155 and also weight 170. I'm 5'9" myself, but I wouldn't worry about your height too much. The 155 is the most fun, versatile and bad-ass board I've ever ridden, although admittedly I haven't ridden that many. I live in NYC, and it tears it up all along the east coast. I took it to Breck last year also, and got a foot of snow a night. I had no trouble at all staying afloat. Its the perfect board in the perfect size, in my opinion, so go out there and kill it!
Spites is offline   Reply With Quote