Boot Help? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Boot Help?

Hey everyone I know this is the wrong section however it gets thousands more views and no one has answered my question yet. What are your views on the best terrain park boots. I'm looking for something lightweight and not bulky. I use flow M9se bindings so it needs to be able to slide in and out easily. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently looking at the 2012 32 jp walker boots, but don't know enough about them so any reviews would be great. Thanks
johnnymac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Super light weight, flexible boots: 32 Lashed

Some other "freestyle" type boots are anything with a flex rating of 4 or below.

Make sure they fit YOUR foot and are comfortable.


As long as you aren't getting something super stiff like a Salomon Malamute, I don't think any boot will hinder your freestyle performance.
turbospartan is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospartan View Post
Super light weight, flexible boots: 32 Lashed

Some other "freestyle" type boots are anything with a flex rating of 4 or below.

Make sure they fit YOUR foot and are comfortable.


As long as you aren't getting something super stiff like a Salomon Malamute, I don't think any boot will hinder your freestyle performance.
This. +1
Also, Burton's tend to have a bigger footprint IMO and I have had more trouble getting them in and out of Flos over 32s and K2s.
Cubs is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
would you say the 32 lashed or the 32 jp walkers are better?
johnnymac is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like the lashed better than the prospect. But that's just me. To my knowledge the jp version is just a color-way and doesn't affect the performance. The prospect is also a solid boot; it and the lashed seem to be real bread & butter boots for 32. If you're spending more time in the park, check out the jp's they have a softer flex. I do more all mtn and just prefer the medium flex of the lashed.
Cubs is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
This. +1
Also, Burton's tend to have a bigger footprint IMO and I have had more trouble getting them in and out of Flos over 32s and K2s.
I assume you mean the ones that don't have the reduced foot print tech.

biggest thing about boots is make sure they fit you!
notter123 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notter123 View Post
I assume you mean the ones that don't have the reduced foot print tech.

biggest thing about boots is make sure they fit you!
Haha, yep, those. I didn't know they did that, that's pretty sweet cuz that's what kept them out of my consideration.
Cubs is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 32 Prion boots. They are super comfortable. The liner is really soft. It is not hat heavy either. Give them a try, go to a shop and try them on. Keep in mind though that any park boot you get isn't going to be long lasting. Mainly because "park" boots are really soft and because they are soft they just fall apart over time. Happened to my Libertines. Not all boots, but most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
Haha, yep, those. I didn't know they did that, that's pretty sweet cuz that's what kept them out of my consideration.
Yea its pretty cool, lets guys with bigger boots fit on normal boards because the boot size is comparable to a normal boot a full size smaller..
notter123 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome