Weight Centered - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Weight Centered

When I took lessons a few years ago I was told to put most of my pressure on my front foot and first get on edge with the front foot and the back foot will follow.

I want to get a reverse camber board but the reviews I have been reading say that a lot of these boards work best when your weight is centered. Does that mean I shouldn't lead with my front foot anymore or put more pressure on the front foot? Should I just get on edge with both feet at the same time now?

Last edited by chrisj; 11-04-2011 at 09:27 AM.
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

A reverse camber board is really forgiving to ride. Just do what you normally do and you will be fine.
KnoxBoarderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just get on one. You'll figure it out and love it.
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
When I took lessons a few years ago I was told to put most of my pressure on my front foot and first get on edge with the front foot and the back foot will follow.

I want to get a reverse camber board but the reviews I have been reading say that a lot of these boards work best when your weight is centered. Does that mean I shouldn't lead with my front foot anymore or put more pressure on the front foot? Should I just get on edge with both feet at the same time now?
Steering from the front the board is still recommended. being to far Fore(nose of the snowboard) is not recommended for any board technology. The idea when riding is you start from the front of the board and move to AFT(back of the board,tail) Your Center mass should move within a range between your feet to accomplish this. If your range is to big Balance and timing issues arise when riding. You may still want think of having more weight on your front foot since most people have a natural tendency to shy away from being down hill. So putting more weight on the front foot may only actually be centering your mass on the board and not actually moving it over the front in a great enough % to make a difference.

There will a period of time getting use to the different response of a reverse camber board. Don't let small difference disuade you. Or better yet borrow or demo a reverse camber board to experience for yourself.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsnowboarder View Post
Steering from the front the board is still recommended. being to far Fore(nose of the snowboard) is not recommended for any board technology. The idea when riding is you start from the front of the board and move to AFT(back of the board,tail)
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote