Board + Binding help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enphinity

Default Board + Binding help

I just got into snowboarding this season and am loving it I cant go often enough. So I am at the point where I would like to get some of my own gear and stop using rentals. I am 6'2 weigh 215 and have a size 13 boot. I live on the east coast so almost all the snow I see is the icy man made stuff. I mostly do freeride but plan to get into park when my ability permits it.

Boots I will shop for at a store but Ive seen how much better the prices are online for boards and bindings I'm sure its the way to go. Alright as of now I am leaning towards the Burton Bullet 164 and either Burton Misssons or Customs haven't decided. I think the bullet would be good cause I need a wide board for sure and it seems like the best one for the money(trying to not spend to much money). One last question would it be better to try and get this stuff now while the deals are good or wait for next season and buy 08/09 stuff? Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ride RX on WM right now for 82...

I say buy now, next seasons are going to be a lot more expensive than now and they're not going to be that much different
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enphinity

looking at the Gnu CHB with mtx for only 200 on sierra anyone have any thoughts or opions on that board?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphinity View Post
looking at the Gnu CHB with mtx for only 200 on sierra anyone have any thoughts or opions on that board?
I'd snatch that CHB wide with MTX up for sure. Or maybe even the GNU 11up with MTX for $50 more. The 11up is a little stiffer than the CHB with a better base.

I would take both over the Bullet anyday mostly because of the MTX which is real nice for the east coast, and i've heard the Bullet is a real beginners board while the GNUs will help you progress a little more.

Great deals on sierrasnowboard.com right now. I'd buy a board and bindings on there if I where you. I bought a GNU 11up and Rome 390 bindings a month ago and could have saved $100 if I bought them off the site right now
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Enphinity

thanks for the help I was on a little bit of a budget so I just went with the CHB and I grabbed those Ride bindings off WM for a great deal. just need boots now.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

yeah stay away from the custom bindings if you are a bigger guy. im about 6' 3" 255 and those bindings felt like shoe laces trying to hold me to the board. as far as boots, i got some dc judge boots, and they are awesome, plus they have a decently small profile so you get less overhang. take the time to go into a shop and try a bunch on, even if you eventually order them online. talk to someone who knows the boots and can hlep find ones that fit your feet. if your a big guy, then you are going to feel bad boots alot more because you have so much more weight on your feet.
AZred60 is offline   Reply With Quote