Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   board advice (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/42625-board-advice.html)

McCallieJ 11-06-2011 12:02 PM

board advice

Looking for a new board for my wife... she's currently riding a gnu bnice, but it's starting to show pressure cracks and it will probably delam before this season is out. We live in Northern Michigan, and there aren't any demos or anything like that where she can try new stuff.

She's small, so a guys board is out. She rides park and backcountry, and wants something that is playful, with a lot of pop. She's thinking she wants the b-street. Any advice, or any hard riding ladies out there with any suggestions? We ride just about every day, so durability is important!

Thanks!!

Nivek 11-06-2011 12:20 PM

Look into the Arbor Cadence. Basically the womens Westmark. Poke around here for a few and you'll see plenty of people talking about the Westmark.

I am not a girl though.

earl_je 11-06-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCallieJ (Post 434171)
Looking for a new board for my wife... she's currently riding a gnu bnice, but it's starting to show pressure cracks and it will probably delam before this season is out. We live in Northern Michigan, and there aren't any demos or anything like that where she can try new stuff.

She's small, so a guys board is out. She rides park and backcountry, and wants something that is playful, with a lot of pop. She's thinking she wants the b-street. Any advice, or any hard riding ladies out there with any suggestions? We ride just about every day, so durability is important!

Thanks!!

Cracks that quick? you're kidding? what year, maybe you can warranty it. B-street might not be too stable for backcountry... My wife rides a NS Infinity and she takes it anywhere with me, both park and backbowls. She debated on it and the B-Nice.

McCallieJ 11-06-2011 01:32 PM

She was looking at Arbor, I'll poke around and see.

It's a 2010, she bought it end of season and only rode it one year. But she's learning butters and presses, and its starting to crack and peel. She loves the board, just wants a little more pop. She has a hard time with ollies and nollies. But she also has a blown knee, so that's most he pop hindrance. I noticed the double dog has added pop, is there a womens?

Thanks again guys

jdang307 11-06-2011 03:26 PM

what's her weight and foot size?

McCallieJ 11-06-2011 03:59 PM

119 pounds, 6 and 1/2 boot

lilfoot1598 11-06-2011 09:07 PM

Never Summer Infinity - excellent all around board. Would hold up well in the backcountry, long lasting.

Roxy Eminence - a more aggressive freestyle board. This would be a good option if your wife liked the feel of her B-Nice.

The B-street is a good board, but it's pretty soft for backcountry. It really throws the rider around in choppy or rough conditions.

The Cadence is another popular choice if you like Arbors.

Burton Feelgood - similar flex to the Infinity. A very popular board.

Check out shayboarder.com for tons of reviews.

McCallieJ 11-07-2011 08:08 AM

She had a feelgood, but she wants twin. She rides switch as well as she rides regular. We're going to check out that site for more reviews. Is Roxy still Mervin?

Thanks a ton! It's really helpful to have so many share their knowledge!

wrathfuldeity 11-07-2011 09:26 AM

when my daughter was riding alot (now mostly skis) she really like the salomon gypsy, she thought the ns infinity was too flexy but she was used to riding these rather stiffys option bella, option starr and salomon lush.

jdang307 11-07-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCallieJ (Post 434247)
119 pounds, 6 and 1/2 boot

How about a 2011 arbor flight that is essentially an arbor cadence, for $230?

Arbor Flight Snowboard - Women's - 2010/2011 at REI.com

Arbor said there were minor differences. It is Slightly stiffer than the cadence but not by much. Can't beat that price for an Arbor board. has griptech, parabolic rocker etc. etc. go read reviews on the cadence.