100 lb chick board: NS Evo Grom 142 -OR- NS Pandora 140 !? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

female 100 lb chick board: NS Evo Grom 142 -OR- NS Pandora 140 !?

Still trying to pick a board...I'm 105 lbs, 5'7", lady snowboots size 8 & looking for a true twin to work on basics like linked turns and learning switch early. Prefer an alternative camber board to stay catch-free.

Should I get a Never Summer Pandora 140 or NS Evo Grom 142?

Apparently both can be had for $280. The Evo Grom looks way cooler though, plus from the website (Evo | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories) it looks like it has a lot of the tech extras that the regular Evo has (or does it?) that Pandora doesn't. 1-yr warranty for each.

I've looked at Bataleon Violenza and Distortia as well as Capita Space Metal Fantasy, and their designs are just as ugly as the 2012 Pandora (well, Capita 2012 is ok, but 2011 is horrible...). The Ride board with the comic graphics looks ugly. Arbor Cadence actually looks cool but is more $ than Evo Grom or Pandora, same for GNU B-street and B-nice. Might as well get something made in the USA. Plus this forum is like a NS lovefest.

I'm sure all the above boards ride great, with the exception of the Evo Grom since I imagine it is made for kids. But since I'm just 100 lbs would it work for me just as well as the similarly priced Pandora? Thoughts? Thank you!
borborygmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not looking at the Infinity just because of the price?
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

... I've never thought about a lightweight girl going for a children's board... Would save a ton of money getting the Evo mini if there isn't some catch I can't think of off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
Not looking at the Infinity just because of the price?
The Infinity is directional with a setback. She's looking for a true twin.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Kids' gear is almost always total crap for adults. Children's boards are not made to support the weight of adults (even little ones) and are generally not the same quality as adult boards. Go for the Pandora. I am your weight and I ride the Pandora all-mountain - I love it.

If you don't like the graphics, get some stickers. Most of the zebra print will be covered up by your bindings anyway. Oh, and nobody gives a shit what your board looks like - you'll get a lot more respect when you choose based on tech and quality rather than based on graphics.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmii View Post
Still trying to pick a board...I'm 105 lbs, 5'7", lady snowboots size 8 & looking for a true twin to work on basics like linked turns and learning switch early. Prefer an alternative camber board to stay catch-free.

Should I get a Never Summer Pandora 140 or NS Evo Grom 142?

Apparently both can be had for $280. The Evo Grom looks way cooler though, plus from the website (Evo | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories) it looks like it has a lot of the tech extras that the regular Evo has (or does it?) that Pandora doesn't. 1-yr warranty for each.

I've looked at Bataleon Violenza and Distortia as well as Capita Space Metal Fantasy, and their designs are just as ugly as the 2012 Pandora (well, Capita 2012 is ok, but 2011 is horrible...). The Ride board with the comic graphics looks ugly. Arbor Cadence actually looks cool but is more $ than Evo Grom or Pandora, same for GNU B-street and B-nice. Might as well get something made in the USA. Plus this forum is like a NS lovefest.

I'm sure all the above boards ride great, with the exception of the Evo Grom since I imagine it is made for kids. But since I'm just 100 lbs would it work for me just as well as the similarly priced Pandora? Thoughts? Thank you!
Where did you find the Pandora for 280? Interested in this as well.
bdotsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
Oh, and nobody gives a shit what your board looks like - you'll get a lot more respect when you choose based on tech and quality rather than based on graphics.
+1...would you rather fall a lot with a mis-matched board with cool graphics that no one will see? Or would you rather learn, rip, and have fun on a board that is right for you with so-so graphics that still no one will see?
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jaa

Ha ha...already got the 2012 NS Pandy for $279 ;P
Jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

None of my business but, 5'7" @ 105???? Girl lift some weights!
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote