Custom Flying V or GNU Riders Choice Pickle - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Custom Flying V or GNU Riders Choice Pickle

Hey guys trying to decided between these two boards. I dont live where it snows so I cant really go out and try and demo them, if I was to do that the season would be over by the time I got done.

Here is the deal I currently ride a Burton Barron 156W (Traditional Camber, 6,1" 145 pounds, size 12 boot). Size wise Im comfy but I think if I had to I could deal with a 158. This time around I wanted to try a rocker/camber combo so thats how I narrowed it down to these two choices. I prefer riding powder but dont always get to as like I said before I dont live where it snows so I get whatever conditions I get when I go to the mountains. I wanted something that can handle powder and groomers like a champ but that is also a bit playful. From what I can tell the Burton is a little more firm then the GNU, but I have been riding Burton boards since I started (about 16 years ago), but the GNU got a Goodwood award this year and has the Banana Technology that it seems like everyone raves about in Libtech/GNU boards.

Thoughts???
kderentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kderentz View Post
Hey guys trying to decided between these two boards. I dont live where it snows so I cant really go out and try and demo them, if I was to do that the season would be over by the time I got done.

Here is the deal I currently ride a Burton Barron 156W (Traditional Camber, 6,1" 145 pounds, size 12 boot). Size wise Im comfy but I think if I had to I could deal with a 158. This time around I wanted to try a rocker/camber combo so thats how I narrowed it down to these two choices. I prefer riding powder but dont always get to as like I said before I dont live where it snows so I get whatever conditions I get when I go to the mountains. I wanted something that can handle powder and groomers like a champ but that is also a bit playful. From what I can tell the Burton is a little more firm then the GNU, but I have been riding Burton boards since I started (about 16 years ago), but the GNU got a Goodwood award this year and has the Banana Technology that it seems like everyone raves about in Libtech/GNU boards.

Thoughts???

Custom flying V will be too Narrow in my opinion with your size 12.

Go with the Lib, or check out a Never Summer.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote