In need of a noodle - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default In need of a noodle

I currently own last seasons Bataleon Airobic 155 w/ stats of 6'2" 185lbs

The board is just to stiff for my liking and am looking to get something alot softer. The board has a insane amount of pop but just does not butter anywhere near some other boards i've ridden for being a 4-2-4. I've ridden a LIbtech Skate Banana, Ride DH slimewalls, Burton Scallywag, Gnu park pickle and would like to be on the same level of softness if not more.

I'm looking into a Rome Artifact rocker (not sure on size yet, 153) or possibly a Evo but just need some opinions if I'm going down the right path. Thanks. Also, this board is going to be used for pure park.
trlfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The airobic is plenty soft... Just sayin.

If you really want something softer get an Arbor Draft or a Nitro Subzero.

All the others you listed ride stiffer than your Airobic. Until the Disaster the Airobic was the softest mens Bataleon. It's camber, maybe you just need man legs?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lol mans legs. Im not 11 years old and weigh 90 pounds soaking wet

I can 100% guarantee you that any of those boards I have ridden are not stiffer than the airobic. Except the Dh

When I butter with any of those boards I can easily get my nose/tail 5 inches off the ground without being sent to the snow. If I try the same with the airobic, I can get about 1 inch off the ground and any more would spring me off into the snow.
trlfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well that's pretty cool, I've ridden them too. Camber vs. Rocker. Learn to press.

I weigh less than you and could butter a 155 K2 Darkstar the day my friend let me try it. Stiffer and snappier than an Airobic.

In niceness honesty, it really does sound like you're just getting a case of the camber presses. When you just lean into a cambered deck to press it, it snaps back and you don't get much press. Do the same on a rockered stick and you get lift, cause of the shape. Presses come from your front foot.

You could get something softer but you'll lose jumpability and what stability you do have on the rest of the mountain.

Fair chance you'd really like the Arbor Blacklist, Signal Park Flat, Salomon Drift Rocker, or a Flow Verve. All around 154/155 ish. They are all as soft as you would want to go and still maintain snap for jumps and mountainage.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Camber is old tech. I'm surprised to see Bataleon hanging onto this regular camber thing, and actually selling boards.

The airobic is a fairly soft board, and I think Nivek is onto something. Camber is just simply not as easy to press as rc, but it can be done. It just requires more weight tossing and finding that spot to press on.

Sell the Bataleon and get up to date with the new board shapes and you'll have more fun with less effort

I'm not hating on your lack of camber pressing abilities.... I hate regular camber boards now... I'm super tall and pretty stiff and I have a really hard time manipulating a board into presses. Until I stumbled onto rc boards, and bam, suddenly my skills were enough to get me going and began having more fun.

Just sayin
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote